Dragon Ball Z: Conflicts Return
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dragon Ball Z: Conflicts Return

This is an alternate reality Dragon Ball Z Roleplaying Forum. Here you will be able to re-create some of the most epic battles in Dragon Ball History. The twist? You are controlling the way the story ends.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gohan

Gohan

[Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training Empty
PostSubject: [Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training   [Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:21 pm

[Using Weighted Armor]
[Transformed; Super Saiyan Grade 2]

"It doesn't seem right... It just doesn't! I CAN'T DO IT! I'M SORRY GOKU!" Gohan yelled at his father. "Just think about it father, if we collect all seven Dragon Balls and revive Frieza, what would happen? You know whatever it is that will happen isn't good; not one bit!" Gohan explained thoroughly. Goku smiled. "It doesn't matter. I know he'll say he's sorry!" Gohan looked at Goku with a confused look. "S--Sorry?" he questioned with a far away look in his eye. Goku nodded. "Look son, you already have the Five Star Dragon Ball, and I'm about to go search for one, preferably the Four Star Dragon Ball... So, why don't you go out and look for one?" Gohan looked behind him to see Chi Chi entering his room. Quickly, Gohan nodded at Goku. "Will do then, I guess," he whispered under his breath. "EXCUSE ME! Shouldn't you be studying?" Chi Chi shouted at the top of her voice. "You know what mom, I'm sick of you; I'm out!" he yelled back in reply, pushing his mother out of the way, running down the stairs and exiting via. the front door.

Gohan kicked the ground and flew off into the sky. He stopped in mid air and looked left, then right, surveying the ground from birds eye view. He smirked. "He's there, I know it," he muttered, flying down and landing outside a forest. Slowly, Gohan pushed through some bushes and entered the forest. "Are you there? Vegeta?" he yelled. No reply. "VEGETA?!" No reply. Suddenly, Gohan felt a power level rip through the forest and appear right behind him. Swiftly, Gohan turned, only to see nothing. He felt the power level split into two and rush through the forest in different directions. The power levels were nearly the same, but not exactly. Gohan grinned all of a sudden. "I know who you are!" he looked up towards the sky, cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted, "I know who you two are!" Gohan's grin spread wider across his face, expanding and causing his cheeks to ripple slightly. "TRUNKS, GOTEN, I KNOW IT'S YOU!" he yelled in his loudest voice. Once more, he felt the power levels right behind himself. Gohan smirked and quickly turned around to face the power levels.

"Oh hey Gohan," Goten said with a smile.

"Yeah, hi Gohan," Trunks copied with a smarmy smile on his face.

"What's that you're holding?" Gohan questioned, noticing Trunks' fake smile and the fact that his hands were behind his back, he was sweating and his arms and veins looked really, really tensed. "It's nothing," Trunks spreaded his smile, trying to make it look more realistic but only making it far more weird looking. Goten also gained a smarmy smile on his face. "Yeah Gohan, it's nothing," he insisted, imitating Trunks slightly. "Don't worry about it," he added on a few seconds later. Gohan nodded slowly, sarcastically agreeing with the two boys. "Tell you what, let's go get some ice cream!" Gohan said with a big joyful real-looking smile spread across his face. Trunks and Goten both let a sweat drop splash on the ground. "No thanks!" they both said in unison, nervously. Gohan grinned again. "I'll get you a Mega Blaster, Goten!" Goten smiled in awe at his sweet, older brother's words. "And you Trunks, I'll get you extra sauce!" Trunks nervously declined, hoping not to be dragged into his bribery as quick as Goten did. "With extra sprinkles!" Gohan added, as Trunks mouth suddenly dropped open. He was left gob-smacked. "YES PLEASE!" He did it. He was tricked into his temptation. His stomach took over his mind. Was Gohan telling the truth though? Goten believed his older brother, where as Trunks, he was half sure and half unsure.

Gohan gave another cocky, yet arrogant, smirk and swiftly spun around the two boys, grabbing Trunks' hand and pulling it. Trunks let out a wailing noise, as he was left gob-smacked at the fact that Gohan had somehow managed to take what was in his hands within the time space of a single blink of an eye. Gohan smiled, "you wanted to do it the hard way." Trunks stared at Gohan. Goten stared at Gohan. Both of the young, twin-like friends stared at Gohan, shocked and confused all at the same time. Gohan had just showed them that he had gained so much speed since he stopped studying. "Come on now boys, let's go get some ice cream," he said with a smile full of glee stamped on his face. Trunks stared at Gohan. Goten stared at Gohan. Both of the young, twin-like friends stared at Gohan, shocked and confused all at the same time. Suddenly, their blank faces turned into happy faces, with a smile spread across them. "SURE!" Gohan rubbed both of the young, fighting warriors' heads and pushed them forwards. "Wait a second," he said, stopping, "There's a giant mountain here, shall we go the way I came? ... Actually, no, we'll just walk over this mountain." Trunks stared at Gohan. Goten stared at Gohan. Both of the young, twin-like friends stared at Gohan, shocked and confused all at the same time. A loud crash was heard, and the mountain suddenly fell to the ground with as much ease as a flick of Gohan's finger. Gohan had just showed them that he had gained so much srength since he stopped studying. "As I said, let's just walk over this mountain," he repeated again and again. Goten and Trunks smiled at exactly the same time. The three boys walked forwards, then walked, quite literally, over the mountain. "Here we are," Gohan said, "the park!" The two boys remember that they were in a forest, and in the forest was a park. "COOL!" they yelled in unison. Gohan suddenly twitched... "HELLO BOYS!" a voice behind them shouted.

"Vegeta, don't pop up like that," Gohan said, turning and smiling at his father's friend and rival. "How've you been?" Vegeta snarled at the boy's pitiful comments.

"How have I been?! Great, thanks, seeing as I have to go out and find this stupid boy!" Vegeta growled, as Trunks' eyes began to shine with water.

"Calm down. They've been with me."

"Yeah, we're going to get ice cream!" Goten added on, trying to calm Trunks down.

"... Pitiful," Vegeta commented, "if you lot are so bored, why don't we train?" Gohan eyed Vegeta, then turned to look at Trunks and Goten. "You're on!" Suddenly, a loud bang was heard behind them. All four of the Saiyan Warriors turned to see what looked like a hideous monster. "What's going on?" Goten asked, with a frown on his face. Where as Trunks, he was now smiling, and a lot, too. "Let's take him out!" he yelled, but suddenly, he stopped jumping with joy when another four hideous monsters landed beside the first. Gohan grinned. "Look at that; he has a Dragon Ball as his eye?!" he shouted, pointing at the leader's eye. Vegeta also grinned. Trunks smiled proudly, his father was finally going to fight; alongside him. Goten smiled, "hey, Gohan?" Gohan looked at him. "Thanks." Goten finished of. Gohan smiled at his younger brother's heart-warming words, "you're welcome, Goten, you're welcome." Goten smiled back at his older brother.

Trunks and Vegeta ran on the right, ready to face two of the hideous monsters. Meanwhile, Goten and Gohan were running on the left-hand side, ready to face three hideous monsters, including the one which was holding the Dragon Ball.

"Trunks, stay back," Vegeta ordered Trunks, "I can handle this."

"So can I!" Trunks replied, full of anger.

"You can't... Son."

"Trust me, dad; why don't you trust me?!"

"Because you're pathetic! You're just like them!" Vegeta replied, pointing at Gohan and Goten, "you're just like them, and their father; YOU'RE PATHETIC!"

"I'm not.... I'M NOT!"

"Whatever," Vegeta commented, as the two ran forward, keeping as far away from each other as possible. Vegeta gave a arrogant smirk, and jumped, dodging a swipe of the monster's claw. Vegeta then pounded a single fist into the monster's eye, sending him crashing upon the ground. "GALIC GUN!" he yelled, as the monster was killed. Trunks moved swiftly from side to side, dodging multiple punches coming from the monster. "Take this!" Trunks yelled, quickly dropping the monster with a barrage of strong, multiple Ki blasts. "Well done, Trunks," Vegeta said, with a proud look in his eye, "... Well done."

Gohan rushed forward, charging a powerful Kame Hame Ha attack in the palm of his two hands, "KAME HAME HA!" he shouted. Goten smiled. "KAME HAME HA!" Goten added. Both of the massive blue beams charged forward. Brothers; together. Fighters; together. Friends; together. Protects of the Earth... Together. Nobody could stop Gohan and Goten, or even the beam for that matter. The blue and white beam continued to charge forward, enveloping two of the monsters in it, and exploding them, making their insides and their guts splatter across the forest. By now, everyone had evacuated the park. "One left, and he has the Dragon Ball," Gohan explained, only to turn and see Vegeta lying on the floor. Only to see Trunks lying on the floor.... Only to see Goten; lying on the floor. "What's going on? Vegeta? Trunks? ... GOTEN?!" he yelled, as he charged up to Super Saiyan and rushed at the large monster. "How dare you?!" Gohan repeatedly punched the monster, but it didn't effect him; not one bit. "What's going on? I'm supposed to be stronger!" Gohan shouted at the top of his voice. "It was you? You've decreased my power somehow?" Gohan asked, supposedly speaking to the monster. The monster simply smiled. "I am Diddya, the now-last of my race; thanks to you! Why did you kill us? Just because we were hungry and wanted to feast on humans? Either way, I've absorbed some of your strength, knowing I could not win without it. My tanks are full, that's why I didn't take all your power and leave you unconscious... Like I left your friends... And your brother." Gohan growled and snarled. "You think you can just waltz in and take over the planet? Well, you forgot one thing; I'm Goku's son!" he yelled, suddenly forgiving his father for all he had done. "You're going down! You see, I have gained new strength other than my Super Saiyan... I can take it a whole step further!" he explained, as his muscles became extraordinarily large. "This is what we call Super Saiyan Grade 2!" he added. "MASENDAN!" he suddenly shouted, as a yellow beam caused the Diddya to explode. "I'll take this," he said pocketing the seven-star Dragon Ball. "Well done," he heard a voice behind him say. He turned and saw Vegeta, Goten and Trunks stood, covered in yellow goo. "I repeat, well done!" Vegeta snarled, as Gohan nodded, thanked him, then burst into sudden large amounts of laughter.
Back to top Go down
Gohan

Gohan

PostSubject: Re: [Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training   [Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 am

“Gohan . . . wake up! Come on! Please wake up!” Gohan opened his eyes, only to see onyx eyes staring straight at him. He yelled and rolled off the bed with Goten. He groaned while Goten laughed and pointed at him.

“Yeah . . . very funny, Goten.” He mumbled and laid back down in the bed. “Gohan! Come on!” He opened his eyes and glared at his brother. “Go away!” He yelled turning over to the wall.

‘Finally,’ he thought to himself after he heard Goten leave their room. He was just about to fall asleep, when he felt something on his face. It smacked him and then he heard a muffled giggle.

“Goten!” He yelled grabbing Goten’s hand and taking the sock off it. He looked back to Goten and frowned, Goten smiled.

“Mommy says wake up. ‘Cause we’re going to Trunks’ house! You got an hour!” Gohan growled under his breath and got up and walked into the shower. He got dressed in his purple gi and walked down the stairs. They ate dinner than went into the car for the long drive to CC.

“Why couldn’t we just fly or Instant Transmission there, Chi?” Goku asked, looking over at Chichi, who was in the passenger’s seat.

“Because, Goku, I wanted a little time together with the family. This might be the only chance we get to have quality family time. Now hurry up! Watch where you’re going!” She yelled making all three men/boys’ ears ring.

They were half-way there, when Goten started to annoy Gohan again. He would wait until Gohan was looking out the window, then do something to him. “Goten! Stop touching me!” Gohan yelled to Goten, who had just punched his arm lightly.

“I’m not touching you oniichan.” Goten said innocently. Gohan rolled his eyes and looked out the window. He felt his little brother’s fist pound his leg.

“Mom! Goten keeps on bothering me!”

“No! Mommy he keeps punching me!”

“No fighting either of you! You fight, no food! Got it?”

Both boys nodded, eyes widened with shock. No food, that could probably be one of the worst punishments to a Saiyan-jin. “We’re finally here!” Goku announced grinning and parking in the parking lot, nearly full of cars. The four walked in greeted by one of Bulma maids. They went to the back and saw they’re dreams. The tables were full of mountains of food. There was also a pool, but Gohan, Goten, nor Chichi could swim. Goku could swim, he was taught by his Grandpa Gohan.

“Hey oniichan! Let’s go in the pool!” Goten yelled and started pulling on Chichi’s hand. “Come on Mommy, change me into my swimming!” He pulled Chichi and walked back into the mansion, Gohan and Goku in tow.

“So Gohan, you going into the pool now?” Goku asked his son, taking one of the many appetizers that lay on the dining room table.

Gohan shook his head, glancing at the pool from the corner of his eye. “No . . . I wanna eat first.” His voice sounded shaky, but he really did have something to worry about. All that flashed in his mind was when he was four-in-a-half, when he fell in that river and Goku had to save him (sort of).

Just then Goten and Chichi came from the bathroom. Goten was in his swim trunks (wow) and had on a sleeveless blue shirt.

“Come on ‘Han! Let’s go in the pool!” Gohan stuttered, not knowing how to say no for some reason.

“He’s not going in now,” Chichi said to Gohan’s relief. “He’s gonna eat now. You should too.”

“But then I gotta wait an hour!” Goten put on his famous Puppy Dog Eyes to his parents. Goku sighed,

“Okay go ahead.” Goten cheered and him and Chichi went over to the fenced pool. Gohan and Goku walked over to the table and began to slowly fill their plates. The pool was surrounded by adults and the kids were in the pool, swimming around.

Chichi came over shaking her head. “He just jumped in there like he could swim.” Gohan looked under her arms and saw Goten looking at him smiling and crossing his arms. They all turned and began to put food on their plates. Gohan looked to his mother.

“Where can I throw out my gum?”

“Go inside.” Gohan nodded, but just as he was about to go, he heard his mother say something to his father.

“Goku you’re not watching him!” He saw her look over and all around for Goten. She walked over to the pool then ran back screaming. “Goku! He’s under! Go and get him!” Gohan saw his father run with his plate still in his hand. He struggled with the fence lock, but then decided to jump it, dropping his plate in the process. Gohan laughed it off. “He’s just swimming or. . . something.” He walked up to the top of the deck’s stairs and saw Goten struggling to stay atop of the water and trying hard to get back to the edge. He hesitated, then walked inside the house and into the kitchen, still looking back.

Gohan quickly spit his gum out and ran out the sliding door. He saw Goten soaked from head to toe and Goku had his gi soaked from the knees down. Chichi was hugging Goten tightly, while Goten was coughing. Gohan felt his heart stop for a moment. His mind replayed seeing Goten in that pool, his head underwater. He stayed still for a few seconds then walked slowly over to Goten.

Goten didn’t feel like talking. He just sat on the steps staring into nowhere, he wasn’t even eating! They started to get worried and tried to coax Goten into at least eating a hotdog. He nodded and Chichi sent Gohan off to get Goten ten hotdogs.

“Always Gohan do this, Gohan do that. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah.” Gohan mumbled to himself while putting the hotdogs on buns and put mustard, ketchup, and relish on it. He placed it in front of Goten and watched him eat slow. Very slow. Slower than a human maybe. Was that even possible?

“Hey Goten! They’re doing the pinata now!” Everyone looked up and saw a drenched Trunks pointing to where Spongebob Squarepants (Trunks and Goten favorite character OO) was standing. There was a huge SB pinata with strings sticking out of it. Gohan and Goten followed Trunks to it and they grabbed a string along with the other kids.

“Ready? Set? GO!” They pulled the strings and rushed in for the candy. Goten began diving on the floor for candy, and got his bag pull to the brim. Gohan only got a little, for all those kids were human and younger than him, so he wanted them to have more. Gohan grabbed Goten’s arm and yanked him from the candy. “Your bag is already to the top!” He said, pointing to the overloaded goody bag in Goten’s hands. Goten just Son Grinned and both ran to sit on the steps and start their candy.

Gohan opened his “Wonka Nerds” packet and then watched his brother. He shook his head as he took out Nerds identical to his, tried to open it, then handed it to Gohan to open. He couldn’t believe that just earlier, he had wished for his brother to go away, far away. He could’ve been away, and they would’ve been holding a funeral for him, had not his father been there to save him. He would’ve lost the only person close to him that understood him. He might’ve gotten on his nerves, but deep inside Gohan really loved Goten, and hoped that nothing ever happened to him.

‘I wonder why I was so mad at him anyways.’ He thought to himself and looked straight ahead at the kids playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey. He held out his half-empty Nerds box to Goten. “Hey Goten, you want the rest of my Nerds?” Gohan watched as Goten put on a evil-smirk and knocked his box down, making it fly out on the ground so Gohan couldn’t eat it anymore. “Goten!”

‘Oh yeah, that’s why.’
Back to top Go down
Gohan

Gohan

PostSubject: Re: [Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training   [Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 3:04 am

[Used Weighted Armor]
[Transformed; Super Saiyan Grade 2]

It was past midnight and all was quiet among the clouds. It was only natural but sometimes if you listened very closely, you could hear voices, laughter, and sometimes, although very rarely, singing. Among the clouds there were beings that possessed a mystical power that allowed them to control the dreams of those living on earth. These beings had no official name and saw themselves as caretakers of the humans and lived up to 800 years each, growing to only 6 feet and remaining there, and resembled humans. 800 years of course if the caretaker remained intact in mind, soul, and energy.

The number of these beings was slightly greater than the population of earth. Others who were masters of dreams trained young humanoids. Whenever one human died, the caretaker of that person’s dream would find another and move on. The humanoids watched over their ‘pets’ as often referred to and protected them from the corrupt and unpleasant things that entered one’s dream.

For example, if one human dreamt of drowning in a stormy sea, the human’s caretaker would simply change the stormy sea into a mere puddle of water, thus saving the human from having a nightmare. The caretakers enjoyed protecting their pets for it was all they lived for but sometimes they are unable to prevent the human from having a nightmare.

There were other humanoids, black-hearted, who dwelled in the storm clouds, a fitting place for their kind, and moreover, delighted in the night. They thrived on making humans suffer in their dreams, and thoroughly enjoyed sensing the agony the humans were being put through. They too worked in similar ways to the pure-hearted humanoids and when two met upon the edge of a nightmare or a good dream, battle would erupt but not in the form of what we would think.

Instead it was a struggle to have greater control over the outcome of the dream. You see, whenever a caretaker or a blackguard wants to change something in a dream, they use energy from within themselves and if one exerts too much energy and strength, they can become severely injured. They would not die right away but remain in their injured state for long periods of time, unable to protect their pet. In some sparse cases, if too powerful, the energy drained because of an overpowering force could kill.

The blackguards were attacking again as usual, this time with more ferocity. Their newest victims were two half-human, half-Saiyan brothers…

The Head Caretaker, Veeana, already knew what had happened. The raven-haired beauty turned at the entrance of two caretakers carrying the limp body of a fellow caretaker. A profound look upon her face, she clutched the material of her pale violet gown in anticipation of the report. “My Lady…” One of them began softly. “He is badly wounded.” He announced mournfully. Before another word could be said, more caretakers arrived with a female version of a caretaker. She had been entrusted to Son Goten while the other, Son Gohan.

The one, who had spoken previously, uttered one single word. “Blackguards.”

Veeana wasted no time. “We will need replacements immediately!” She paced the marble floor, debating whether or not to send some of the younger caretakers, Tyden and Jenna. They were both stronger than they were a few years ago. Jenna, the female with short black hair and soft green eyes, and Tyden, the male, with dark hair and hazel eyes. If she chose them, she would also have to find temporary replacements for their own pets. Tyden she was unsure of…he had been born during a storm resulting in the fact that he was tempted to become a blackguard. He had proved himself loyal but still…from the reports, these blackguards attacking the hybrids in the mountains were said to be more powerful than any other they had encountered.

But Jenna and Tyden were still on the path of learning and would be for many years to come so this would prove to be good but difficult practice for them.

“My Lady?” One of the caretakers stared at her expectantly. “Have you come to a decision yet?” He did not mean to rush her but Son Gohan and his little brother Goten were defenseless at the moment in their dreams. The Caretakers took their jobs very seriously.

She had no other options. “Send for Jenna and Tyden.” She ordered and the caretakers nodded, already beginning to carry out her request.

Tyden and Jenna arrived, concern on their pale features. “You called for us, Lady Veeana.” Jenna bowed her head slightly. Tyden did not bother with formalities, at least in this hour of urgency.

“Yes.” Veeana affirmed. “I need you to fight off the blackguards who are attempting to corrupt the dreams of Gohan and Goten.” She paused as her vision blurred, bringing forth the image of the sun rising from behind the mountains where the Sons lived. The two caretakers waited patiently. Then, “Morning has arrived. You must be with them once they fall asleep. As for your own pets, they will have replacements until you have finished.” With that said, leaving no room for any further arguments or words, the two caretakers bowed and left the room.
Night was approaching and another day of training with Videl and Goten had ended. Gohan dragged his feet up the stairs to the bedroom he shared with Goten. Futons already laid out, Gohan set himself down on the bed and watched his little brother for a moment. Goten had reached the room first and was already asleep, a peaceful expression on his young face. Smiling wistfully, Gohan lay his head down on the pillow and thought about how carefree his brother was, how he was a lot like their father. Goten brought so much joy into their lives. The boy had been a glimmer of hope when ChiChi and Gohan had tried to pick up the pieces of their shattered world after Goku died. The darkness of despair and grief had steadily cleared from their sight as the light of a newborn baby grew into a healthy young hero. ‘Sweet dreams, Goten…’

The elder of the two had not noticed that Goten’s dreamy expression had suddenly turned to one of confusion and fear as the boy squirmed in his bed sheets.
DREAM SEQUENCE

Goten was sitting beside a calm river, playing with a small lizard. The sun was shining brightly and the birds chirped and sang their praises. The trees and grass blades swayed gently to the soft music of the wind and flowers were in bloom everywhere. It was in all a perfect day, a perfect dream. His mother, ChiChi, was busy setting out lunch on a blanket and Gohan was sitting by the river, eyes closed, smiling. But the one thing that pleased the young Son the most was that his father was there. Son Goku was standing to the side of Goten, laughing at the way the lizard kept crawling all over Goten; his hair, his shoulders, his knees, and even his face. Their laughter continued to echo all around the area.

“This is the best day ever!” Goten proclaimed, grinning up at his father who returned the same goofy grin. The lizard squirmed out of Goten’s grip onto the cool grass, pleased to be away from the hyperactive Saiyan youth.

“C’mon, let’s go eat!” Goku took off, racing down the side of the river, calling back to his son, “Race you!” He laughed merrily.

“I’m gonna win!” Goten giggled and jumped to his feet, preparing to fly when the gentle wind switched to a strong one and nearly blew him off of his feet. The sky darkened with rain clouds, storm clouds, frightening clouds. The flowers withered and died and then suddenly, in an abnormal way, began to liquefy and drip onto the now dry and crumpled grass. It was a swirling mass of bright colors quickly changing into a blood red. Horrified, Goten watched as the trees became gnarled and twisted, seemingly to reach out to him. The calm river became raging and loud and the rocks turned to that of sharp blades. The young boy spun around and called for his family but when he saw them before him, they were standing tall, glaring at him.

“G-Gohan?” Goten stammered, his family still not moving from their spots. “Mommy? Daddy?” Confused, Goten took a few hesitant steps forward and it was at that exact moment, Goku disappeared and reappeared in front of Goten and grabbed him by the collar of his gi, causing the boy to yelp.

Goku snarled, “You little weakling.” He dropped Goten to the ground unceremoniously, clearly not caring where he landed.

Tears gathered at Goten’s eyes and he furiously tried to blink them away. ‘Only Uncle Vegeta calls me that…sometimes…’ He thought worriedly. Why would his own father call him such a thing? All his life he had been told what a great man Goku was, how loving, adorable, naïve, and optimistic he had been. Now here he was, wounding him deeply, emotionally. “Daddy?” He whimpered, not wanting to believe it. “W-What’s going on?” He asked, panic evident in his tone of voice.

“You’re not worthy of being a warrior. You’re not strong enough.” Goku said at last, glaring daggers at the young hybrid. “I’m ashamed that I ever called you my son.”

The last remark stung, badly, and brought the previously unshed tears falling down his face like a waterfall.

“I…I’m sorry, Daddy.” Goten whispered, hoping with all his heart that was enough to suffice his father but it was not.

Instead, ChiChi came up to him, hands on her hips, giving a cold look to her youngest son. “Why can’t you be as smart as Gohan? You don’t understand a thing I tell you! You look too much like your father, darn it!” ChiChi shrieked, slapping him across the face.

“Ah!” Goten pushed himself away from his parents and looked up at them with bloodshot eyes. “Mommy, why are you doing this? What’s happening?” Without thinking, he got to his feet and rushed past them, heading for his older brother, oblivious to the fact that Gohan might have changed as well.

As he ran, the blood-red liquid from the melted flowers blocked his way and his feet slipped out from beneath him. Above him, water droplets began to fall, each one freezing to the touch and almost as hard as hail.

“Do you see all this blood?” Gohan questioned him darkly.

Goten was on his hands and knees as he looked up at his older brother. He glanced at his own clothing, seeing everything stained in…blood? Was it really blood? Queasy, Goten shivered and shakily stood up. “Gohan? Why—what’s wrong?” He asked fearfully. His wonderful dream had turned into a terrifying nightmare.

“This is all the blood that was lost during my childhood by warriors, enemies…among this is even innocent blood!” Gohan shouted angrily. “I will NEVER have a normal life! Why should you get a normal life, huh? How come—why don’t YOU ever have to save the world for a change! It’s not fair! IT’S NOT FAIR!”

Goten winced and cowered under the unshakable black look in his brother’s stormy eyes. “It’s not my fault, big brother…”

All of a sudden, everything became still and quiet as if time itself had frozen solid, like water to ice. Goten threw a glance behind him to see if his parents had become inanimate as well. They had. Motionless, unmoving, frosty looks still apparent on their faces. More tears trickled down his face, blending in with the raindrops. Thunder sounded and lightning streaked through the sky. Helpless, hopeless, hapless, and defeated, Goten sank to the bloodstained grass with a moan. The biting wind nipped at his being.

What had happened? What had gone wrong? Sobs shook his whole body as he stared at the ground, feeling unwanted and unworthy. Was he an accident? Didn’t his Mommy love him anymore? Hadn’t Gohan told him that his Daddy would love him if he were still alive? All this and more plagued him.

Goten began to cry openly now and shivered from the cold. He had been told before of his heritage on his father’s side. He was a Saiyan, by blood and instinct, but he was also human too. It seemed the Saiyan side of him had left. He could no longer sense or feel his chi. It wasn’t there to warm his body, to give him confidence, to let him know that he was special, different, unique. His pride had disappeared with it. Goten never regularly showed pride, at least not to the extent of the Prince of all Saiyans…but it would always be there. It was a part of his soul.

Where was his best friend Trunks? Trunks was older and always knew what to do. Trunks, though often bossy, reassured him of many things. Together, they were invincible.

Where was Vegeta? The one man, aside from Gohan, who had been the only other father figure for him even though he clearly was not all that fond of the ‘brat’ as he put it. He was strong; he could protect Goten.

Where was Bulma? She was a genius. Maybe she could invent some kind of thing to drive away the loneliness and pain he was feeling, the emotional and physical terror he had already endured.

What about everyone else? Krillin, who was there to encourage him? Yamcha, another who made him laugh? The whole gang? Where were they? Were they angry with him as well?

“I’m all alone.” Goten whispered to himself. Unfortunately, he had not fully realized that this was all merely a nightmare, a creation of his mind. Or perhaps a creation of another…

“That’s right. You’re all alone, boy.” Came the most cruellest, raspy, cold voice Goten had ever heard in all his seven years of life.

Meanwhile, the real Son Gohan had fallen into a dream world of his own. It was not quite the same as Goten’s for any happiness or perfection that may have existed was simply not present. It had already started out dark, gloomy, and depressing, erasing any smile that might’ve crossed the young teen’s face.

“Where am I?” Gohan wondered, taking a few steps forward into the mud. Yes, it was raining; a pretty hard downpour. Gohan shivered slightly, being half-human and still capable of experiencing lack of heat, and decided to flare his chi a bit and warm his body, just as any Saiyan would. It was second nature to him now in dealing with his chi but when he tried to in a sense, ‘activate’ it, nothing happened or changed.

Eyebrows raised, and eyes widened, Gohan tried once more. To his dismay, nothing happened yet again. Feeling a bit alarmed, Gohan mentally reminded himself that it was a dream. A nightmare maybe, although nothing all that horrible had occurred yet.

Deciding to pinch himself with the hope of being awakened, Gohan lifted his right arm, fingers extended and set to pinching his left shoulder but before he could do so, a low growl alerted whatever he had left of his senses. Uneasy, Gohan turned around slowly in the direction where it had come from, the forest at the base of the tall mountains surrounding him. A few bushes rustled and then a maroon-haired, golden-eyed predator with wide ears came leaping outward, claws outstretched, mouth wide open revealing thick sharp fangs. It was unlike anything he had seen before. It didn’t exist in the real world. Gohan barely had any time to react before he felt himself being pinned to the ground. The beasts’ claws dug into his shoulders, and Gohan cried out in agony.

Back claws scratched at and drove themselves into the teenager’s thighs. The predator lowered his open mouth to his head and was about to gorge itself when Gohan flung it off of his body. With a loud yowl, the beast hit the ground with a sickening crunch.

Relieved he still had his physical strength that required no chi energy, Gohan took a deep breath and squeezed his eyes tightly in pain. Blood leaked from the holes in his skin created by those sharp talons and he put a trembling hand over one shoulder to act as a tourniquet. The beast itself was injured and did not appear to be a threat anymore.

“This is the most realistic dream I’ve ever had. More like a nightmare!” Gohan muttered as the rain continued to fall from the heavens, cleansing his wounds, and drenching his navy gi, which had some parts of it shredded and torn.

Between the shadowy trees stood a lone humanoid, expressionless, but clearly, by the look in it’s eyes, delighted by the turn of events. “Time to take away all of his power…then it will be unlike any nightmare he has ever had. I won’t fail this time.”

Elsewhere in a misty realm between reality and dreams, Tyden and Jenna worked furiously at containing the evil blackguards but alas, there were hardly any victories. Perhaps a slight one, when Tyden was able to keep Gohan from losing all of his vigor but Jenna was not able to help Goten, at all. The boy seemed to carry greater burdens and the blackguard in charge of him was using those woes to his advantage.

“We need help!” Jenna spoke to Tyden urgently, using the power of telepathy. “These blackguards are relentless!”

“Yes, I know.” Tyden responded mournfully. Their own supernatural strength was dwindling, hanging on the tip of a blade. But what could they do? Without breaking the rules?

“Wait a minute.” Jenna spoke again. “These two…they are brothers, right?”

“Yes…” Tyden idly wondered where she was going with this as he concentrated on predicting the next move of the blackguard he was dealing with.

“Can we not put these two together in one dream world? Maybe they could help each other?” She asked the older caretaker. “Besides, I believe the bond between these brothers is very strong—I think that may be the key to bringing them out of this nightmare.”

Tyden sighed. “We have no other options and we certainly cannot leave them at this time.” The younger caretaker was right. Gohan and Goten each held a haunting encumbrance that took its toll on their daily lives, or rather their innermost thoughts. One had to live with the guilt of knowing he could’ve stopped a great threat from stealing away his father from his life. The other had to live without his father and had to deal with knowing he would never be like his older brother, as he suspected, assumed, others wished. These hardships had to be dealt with and together, Goten and Gohan might be able to just that. They would rescue each other.

The two caretakers gathered the last of their powers and drew the two dream worlds together. The blackguards took no notice of this…at least not yet.

One of them was speaking to young Goten. “You are by yourself, never to be rescued. You will seek refuge, peace, and comfort but never will you find it.” The flame-haired enemy’s voice was like steel and it chilled the demi-Saiyan to the bone.

“Please…leave me alone!” Goten wailed, backing away from him. Already he knew his chi-less powers, normal martial arts, were gone. He had already tried when the blackguard had kicked him a few feet away from his original spot on the ground. In a desperate attempt to save himself, Goten had charged the wraith at top speed but was punched in the cheekbone.

Bruised and afraid, Goten tried to stand up and run away but found his legs were weak and stiff. He sat back down again and closed his eyes. ‘This has to be a dream!’ He thought numbly. Goten hadn’t realized that he had become so dependent on his chi and natural strength. This was a battle of the mind and heart, not of the body. The blackguard was using every fear and even possible opinions and regrets Goten’s family and friends might have against him, to break the soul and spirit of the half-Saiyan boy.

“You are a pitiful human.” The blackguard snarled, moving closer and closer to the saddened seven-year-old. “You cannot even defend yourself. Weakling.”

Goten gasped inwardly, remembering his own father calling him that, as well as Vegeta. Was he really a weakling? Maybe he was…

“That’s right, boy. You are a weakling. Have you ever saved your pathetic little world? Have you ever beaten your wretched friend in a fight? Are you stronger than he is? Have you ever won a battle between you and your brother?”

“No…” Goten whispered to himself. Trunks was only stronger because he was older, right? Gohan was stronger because he had more experience…right? He’d never won a sparring match but he did come very close to it. It had been within his grasp but triumph had slipped through his fingers.

“Are you good for anything? What can you do well that no one else can?”

Goten unconsciously thought about that question. He wasn’t that smart. Could he cook? No, scratch that. The faintest of smiles became visible on his tearstained face. It reminded him of a prank he and Trunks ended up pulling on Trunks’ father. It had to do with the two boys attempting to bake some cookies after watching Trunks’ grandmother bake a batch. They messed up, which was no surprise, and a plan had hatched inside their minds. The Saiyan Prince was secretly fond of his mother-in-law’s cooking and always devoured her desserts and other meals quickly when placed in front of him. There was no denying it; she was a good cook.

So Trunks and Goten left a note by the gravity room with the cookies wrapped in foil. Then they had watched from a distance when Vegeta finally noticed them after training. He had been suspicious; he ought to have been. Nobody usually left him food outside the door. But his stomach had argued otherwise.

The smile grew as he remembered the disgusted expression on his adopted Uncle’s face. The blackguard saw this and sneered. “I’ll wipe that smile off of your face, you little runt!” He threatened. Then he picked him up by the collar of his gi and threw him into the tempestuous river.

In a different part of the dream world, Gohan was facing peril as well. The blackguard had lashed at out him in a furious attack, each trading blows that is until the blackguard removed any physical strength Gohan had left. The teenager promptly fell to the ground after taking a hit to the stomach, the wind knocked out of him. Now it was time for the assault on his mind.

As Gohan reeled in pain, the blackguard slowly circled around him. “I think you might feel better after having a little talk with your family and friends…”

Gohan groaned and stole a glance at the enemy, fearing what he was going to do next. At the moment, he was helpless. Nothing could be done. His whole body felt weak. ‘When will this nightmare end? Please!’ He silently begged.

Unexpectedly, his father was there in front of him as well as his mother, brother, and the whole gang, everyone he had normally associated with during his life before he entered high school. “Dad?” He murmured and struggled to sit up. A few minutes passed of silence save for the sound of the harsh wind and the freezing rain. He noticed everyone was staring at him with…disappointment.

“It’s all your fault, Gohan.” Goku suddenly spat. “I told you to finish off Cell when you had the chance!”

“I hate you!” Goten shouted. “If it wasn’t for you, Daddy would still be here!”

“You’ve destroyed our family!” ChiChi shrieked.

“If you and Goku didn’t exist, we’d all have normal lives!” Krillin yelled angrily.

“You are a shame to the Saiyan race!” Vegeta snarled.

Taken aback and stung, Gohan was at a loss of words. “I…uh…” He could feel something wet, something warm, pooling together in eyes. Tears—they were something he had not shed for a long time except whenever the memory of his father entered his thoughts. Other than that, he really had no reason to. But now, everyone he knew, everyone he trusted and loved dearly, were standing in front of him, driving spikes into his heart.

Loneliness is one of the most heart-breaking, unbearable feelings a person can experience, nearly worse than death itself.

A part of his mind however, refused to give in. ‘C’mon, Gohan! This is not real! You’re in a dream, remember?’ Gohan nodded dumbly, hearing his own voice inside of his head. Nevertheless, the words they had spoken still tormented him. Before he could take charge of his dream, he needed someone, something, to take away the heartache he was feeling.

A few lone tears slid down his face as they continued to chant. “Failure!” They shouted, the blackguard now joining in. “Failure!”

“No…I’m not a failure…or maybe I am…” His mind, or rather the blackguard, was playing around with him, taunting and mocking him. Painful utterances, words, remarks overwhelmed like a flood, leaving him in self-pity in his own miserable little world.

An anguished cry filled his ears, a very familiar cry. It did not sound like it was a part of his imaginary world. Gohan twisted his body around as best as he could in its weak state and saw a river about 18 or so feet away from him. Floundering about, screaming for help, was his little brother, the real Son Goten whom he loved so much.

“HELP!”

“Goten!” All thoughts of fear, depression, and hurt fled from him as he could only think of one thing: save his brother. “Hang on, I’m coming Goten!” He called out and tried to stand up but he was too weak. “No, please, NO!” He shouted as Goten continued down the river…Were his worst fears about to be confirmed? Losing another dear to his heart?

“Now!” Tyden hissed and together, he and Jenna sent strength to Gohan. It wasn’t enough to defeat the blackguard, but hopefully it was enough to save the younger Son.

The burst of energy shot through him. Still chi-less but relieved by his renewed stamina, Gohan jumped to his feet and rushed towards the river, making a sharp turn to the right and heading down the river.

Startled and angered, the blackguard as well as the one who Goten had been at the mercy of, disappeared into thin air. They would be back soon…

“HELP!” Goten cried out again. By now he should have woken up from his dream. Was it actually real?

Gohan ran fast and glanced up ahead, seeing how the water moved differently… ‘Oh gosh no!’ He increased his speed, determined to reach Goten before he approached the waterfall.

Spying his brother on the river’s edge and giving no thought to whether he was the real Son Gohan or not, Goten cried out again. “GOHAN, HELP ME!” ‘I’m powerless! I can’t stop it!’

Seeing no other choice, Gohan took a big risk and jumped into the river, knowing he couldn’t just fly to him, plus he had no time to grab a branch or something for Goten to take a hold of. ‘A race against time…but time has never been on my side.’ Gohan thought bitterly as he tried to swim amidst the waves, undertow, and rocks.

Goten grabbed a gulp of air before he went under again. His frail body hit the rocky bottom and then bounced back up again. “GOHAN!” He shouted before receiving a small wave to the face.

Gohan was nearing him and when he finally did come close, he grabbed the back of Goten’s gi and pulled him to him. “I’ve got you!” Gohan yelled and the two held on to each other. It was no use swimming against the current or swimming to the side. They were already there…

‘If this isn’t a dream…’ Gohan thought as he and Goten fought to keep their heads above the surface. ‘If this is real…there’s no way we’ll make it out alive.’ He inhaled deeply and prepared to go over the edge. All hope was lost. ‘At least we’ll go together…’ There didn’t seem to be sign of their nightmare ending. Somehow they must’ve sleepwalked into the forest and their family and friends must’ve followed them…no, that sounded silly. Besides, Gohan wasn’t sure beings like the blackguards and that beast he dealt with existed in the real world.

“AAAHHH!” Goten’s terrified screams filled the air as he was separated from his brother. Gohan, above him, stretched his arms to reach his little brother, while Goten did the same. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as their fingers touched, and then their hands grasped each other and down under they went.

The small lake at the bottom of the waterfall was extensive in height, a relief to both. Surprised that they were still alive, Gohan and Goten furiously kicked their legs out, swimming rapidly to the top, tiny bubbles seeping from their closed lips. They broke through the surface, gasping for much needed air.

They swam to the lake’s edge and crawled out, Gohan helping Goten out of the water before getting out himself. The sky was still cloudy but the rain had ceased. The air however still held a sense of foreboding.

Goten instantly hugged his brother tightly around the waist and Gohan returned the fierce hug. No words were said for there was no need for them at the moment.

Shaking and sobbing softly, Goten pulled back and looked at his brother with fearful eyes. “Gohan, I’m sorry!”

“Huh?” Gohan frowned. “What for?”

“I’m sorry you can’t have a normal life!” Goten answered.

Gohan nearly fell over. “What?” He asked, puzzled by the remark. It would have been funny if not for the graveness of the situation.

Goten explained everything that had happened previously before they met. Fresh tears gathered in his eyes as he remembered the hurtful words directed at him. “I didn’t mean…!”

“Ssh…” Gohan held his little brother close. “You don’t have to apologize for anything, Goten. You did nothing wrong.” He paused, thinking back to his own haunting incident. “I went through the same thing except…it was true.”

“What do you mean?” Goten stared at him questioningly. Was the dream true…or what?

“I…” Gohan felt a lump form in his throat, a lump so familiar, reminding him of the day an unselfish valiant sacrifice had been made in his favor and the planet’s favor as well. “Dad would still be here if I had destroyed Cell when I had the chance…and because of us being part Saiyan and all…” He shook his head. “No. I can’t believe that. This is a dream, Goten. A horrible nightmare. We’ll wake up soon, I promise.”

“I believe you, Gohan.” Goten murmured. “We’ll be okay, right?”

Gohan smiled and patted his head. “We will. Just be strong, kiddo. Strength comes in many different ways.”

“Believe what you want. We are still in control.”

Goten gulped when he heard the voice and the two brothers lifted their heads to see the blackguards. One had a hair of bright orange while the other of lightning yellow. Each had smoldering reddish-aqua eyes, almost impossible to imagine. “Not them!” He squeaked.

“No, Goten.” Gohan whispered, keeping his gaze on them steady. “This is not reality. They have no control over us.” He had to have courage, hope, all the makings of a true warrior. If the dream would ever end, he did not know. All he did know was that they had to protect themselves against these strange beings.

“Well…what do we do?” Goten whispered back, keeping his own eyes on the two standing before them.

“How typical. Of course YOU wouldn’t know what to do. You’re a weakling remember?” The first blackguard emphasized smirking.

“No you’re not!” Gohan spoke urgently to his brother, now drawing his undivided attention to him. “You’re tough, Goten! You can do anything if you put your mind to it.”

“But YOU can’t, Gohan.” The second remarked. “You couldn’t destroy ‘Cell’. You couldn’t stop your own father from dying.”

Gohan hesitated as all memories of the Cell Games returned to him anew in a flash. The bloated Cell, the wind and sand stinging his eyes, his father bidding farewell…

“Gohan?” That little voice brought him back to the present and he focused on Goten, seeing the little boy’s eyes closed. There was a worried expression on his face.

“Just be strong…”

His own words…they both had to be strong, for each other. “I’m here, Goten.” Gohan whispered. “Concentrate…do you remember when I taught you how to fly?” Now that question had come out of nowhere yet the teenager believed he was going in the right direction with bringing back the good times. He closed his own eyes as well.

“Yeah!” Goten smiled as he remembered that day. “It wasn’t too long ago, was it?”

“No it wasn’t.” Gohan replied, smiling. “I called you a flying pedestrian.”

“You weren’t strong enough to fly or intelligent enough to learn how to fly on your own!” The blackguards were starting to panic now. Things weren’t going as planned.

“You’re a fast learner.” Gohan said with pride. “Dad would be so proud of you.”

“Really?”

“NO! Your father hates you! He—”

“Mom’s a great cook, isn’t she?” Gohan quickly cut the blackguard off.

“She is.” Goten agreed. “She makes the best rice in the whole world!” Now it was Goten’s turn. “Do you ‘member last Christmas, big brother?”

“I sure do!” The demi-Saiyan recalled the delicious smell of Christmas cookies in the air and the gifts exchanged. The whole gang had gathered at Capsule Corporation in the afternoon on Christmas Day. It was tradition, plus Bulma had more than enough room to accommodate everyone. The afternoon and evening had been all games and fun, subsequent to the opening of presents of course. The guys, including the Saiyan Prince (the Christmas spirit can reach even the most frigid of hearts) indulged in snowball fights while the women made hot chocolate and chatted with each other.

“It was my most favorite Christmas.” Goten reminisced fondly. With the help of Bulma, Goten chose the prettiest bracelet he had ever seen, at least one that he could afford, and new gloves for Gohan, for the winter.

“ARGH!” The blackguard with shocking yellow hair conjured up the image of lava surrounding them and the Son brothers instantly felt the intense heat upon their skin. It was flowing slowly but surely in their direction.

Goten snapped his eyes open. “G-Gohan!”

“Close your eyes, Goten!” Gohan ordered firmly and the younger brother did as he was told, reluctantly. Gohan held his hand and they continued to talk about the good things in life they had experienced, with Gohan turning into Super Saiyan Grade 2, trying to become stronger; trying to overcome their fears.

However, the reign of terror the blackguards had created was quickly collapsing. Upon their loss of confidence, Tyden and Jenna had intervened, changing the lava into water, and then into flowers. The sun peeked out from behind the stormy clouds and all returned to normal.

“I can’t wait for the tournament!” Goten grinned. “Are we still going to train some more?”

“You bet but first I have teach Videl to fly properly, at least to fly as well as we can.” Gohan answered, a light blush forming on his cheeks.

“YOU CANNOT WIN!” The other blackguard shouted, preparing to produce another horrifying image but it was then that the Lady Veeana appeared. Using her powers that made her the Head Caretaker, Veeana sent the blackguards back to their dwelling with great damage. They wouldn’t be returning for awhile.

The tall humanoid female smiled softly at the two brothers. Tyden and Jenna also appeared beside her, smiling. “Mission accomplished.” Jenna breathed. Tyden nodded in agreement, watching the two brothers, the memory of one of their friends who had become human, coming back along with the good times they had had as well.

“It is time for you both to wake up.” Veeana whispered and then the three caretakers vanished, no doubt heading back to their home in the clouds.
END OF DREAM SEQUENCE

No longer feeling wind or anything else, Gohan cautiously opened his eyes. A short laugh escaped his lips. “We’re-it’s over, Goten!” He exclaimed excitedly.

“Wha…?” Goten opened his own deep brown eyes and blinked at the moonlight. “We’re awake!” He glanced around wildly, taking in the familiar sight of their room. The boy, giddy with glee, flared his chi and found that it had returned.

Gohan did a once-over of his body, seeing no cuts or gashes marring his skin. “It’s over, little buddy.” Gohan reached over and hugged his brother once more. “We did it!”

“Yay!” Goten grinned as he returned the hug. “I love you, Gohan.”

“I love you too, little brother.” Gohan murmured. “I think it’s time we actually went to sleep though.”

Goten became worried. “But what if we have a bad dream again?”

Gohan shook his head. “I don’t think we will…just don’t worry about it, okay? We’ve another a day ahead of us of training. Don’t you wanna beat Trunks and Vegeta? And meet Dad?”

“Yeah! I can’t wait to meet Dad…for real!” Goten gushed happily. “And I’m gonna try my hardest when I fight Trunks! I’ll win, I’ll win for you Gohan, and Mommy, and Dad…”

“Who knows? You might be up against me, or Dad, or even Piccolo before you actually fight Trunks.” Gohan said, not aware of the changes in the tournament rules.

“Oh well. I’ll do my best, Gohan.” Goten grinned. “I can do anything, right?”

“If your heart’s in it, yes, Goten.” Gohan smiled warmly. He lay down on his back and proceeded to go to sleep but it eluded him once more when he felt eyes on him. Gohan opened his eyes again and saw that Goten had remained sitting up. “What is it?”

“Gohan…” The younger Son fidgeted with his sheets. “Promise that we’ll protect each other no matter what?”

Gohan nodded solemnly, without hesitation. “I promise.”

“Me too.” Goten said.

“Just as long as you’re not in danger yourself if you try to save me.” Gohan added. “You never know what’s going to come our way…”
Back to top Go down
Goku

Goku

PostSubject: Re: [Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training   [Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:53 am

PL 183,500

Zeni 91,750
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training   [Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Saga] Gohan's Journeys ~ Gohan's Training
Page 1 of 1