Dragon Ball Z: Conflicts Return
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dragon Ball Z: Conflicts Return

This is an alternate reality Dragon Ball Z Roleplaying Forum. Here you will be able to re-create some of the most epic battles in Dragon Ball History. The twist? You are controlling the way the story ends.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Saga] Gohan's Training #1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gohan

Gohan

[Saga] Gohan's Training #1 Empty
PostSubject: [Saga] Gohan's Training #1   [Saga] Gohan's Training #1 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:25 am

BEGIN!

[Saga] Gohan's Training #1 R9pe94

[Using Weighted Armor]
[Turned Super Saiyan Grade 2]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cashius spoke in a loud, commanding tone, as to alert and inspire the remnants of the Veltinian army. "They're coming! We will win this fight!"

He tried to convince his troops that they would be victorious; that they could survive this day. He knew better. He knew that they would all die a bloody death that day. He knew that he and his army were only there to distract the oncoming forces as the royal family escaped. Like a true warrior, Cashius accepted his fate and prepared to fight until his death.
The troops crowded around the gated entrance of the city. Those who had guns climbed the cobblestone walls and prepared to fight a territorial battle. Those with swords, axes, and other melee weapons, huddled around the gate and prepared for blood. Every soldier was holding his breath or saying a prayer to God. Rain began to fall upon the village.

A think, black line began to rise on the horizon. Nobody bothered to guess what it was; it was well known by know. The entire island has been seeing them, and now, Corinth, the final Capital of Veltin, too, would fall to this black line. Few soldiers expected to live. Valiently, however, most soldiers were motivated by their impending death to give everything that they have - to fight to the death. Nobody ran. Nobody flinched. Nobody even blinked.

The black line came closer and closer until nothing could be seen in the distance but blackness. Finally the oncoming force became close enough to see. The visual disheartened even the strongest soldier. Gnats surrounded all of them. Vultures swooped over the village rhythmically.

Cashius stood behind his troops. He wanted to stand in front. He wanted to be the first to shad blood; he wanted to be the first to have his blood shed. But he couldn't do it. He wasn't strong enough to make the sacrifice to get the troops' morale up. So he stood back.

And he watched them die.

Their boots slopped around in vomit and mud as the pre-battle emotional stress began to take a toll on them. Almost simultaneously, the entire battalion seemed to realize that they would no longer be living after that day. Those that weren't puking their guts out were crying; few even soiled themselves.

Cashius wanted to be there for them. He wanted to be strong for his army. He wanted to lead his men and charge in and die a glorious death. But he couldn't do it. He wasn't strong enough.

Gunshots occupied all ears; gunpowder filled the air as the black line that was once on the horizon was now charging the gate. They were disgusting. They were almost human-like in appearance, but their skin was somewhere between dark blue and black. Their teeth were long, yellow, and sharp. Their ears were longer, more slender, and pointy. Their noses were decayed, so that the tip of many of them seemed to have fallen off. Their eyes were black and cold.

The shook the barred gate savagely. Soldiers took jabs at them with their weapons inbetween tears. Finally, the black army forced its way it. They began to slaughter the men. They would literally bite their jugular and rip it right out of their throat. They were particularly attracted to parts of the body where there was heavier blood concentration.

Cashius found a tear roll down his cheek.

Funny...I don't remember crying...

He sheathed his sword, turned around, and left. He left his men to die. Once he was a good mile or so away, he turned back on the city, to see that, even from this distance, it was clearly painted red with blood. Fires were set, most likely by citizens who were attempting to keep the black army out of their house. All of Corinth was in ruins.

Cashius fell to his knees and sobbed. All those people. All his men. All the citizens.

They were all counting on him to be there.

And he let them down.

6 Months Later...

Master Bruin didn't exactly give Gohan the information he needed. He told him that the Turtle Hermit lived on a secluded island off of the shores of West City. Considering that Gohan didn't know where West City was, the information didn't really support him, and he found himself, once again, running around without a clue as to what he was doing.

But Gohan did finally find West City, thanks to some help from a few friends. He flew right above it, directly heading for the sea. He didn't care if anybody saw it anymore; he was getting impatient, and he wanted to earn training from Master Roshi! After flying at a leisurely pace off of the coast of West City for about an hour, he finally found an island. But this was no small, secluded island. This was an enormous, civilized island. Gohan didn't want to land, but he was getting sick of flying, and he needed a break. The "Tap, Tapping," of his feet was audible as he touched down on the Earth.

This place....wreaks of death...

Gohan's gut instincts were telling him to take off to flight again, but he couldn't convince himself to do it. Being one of Guru's Peace Keepers, he felt it was his duty to resolve conflict in every corner of the Universe.

Gohan roamed the plains for a period of time. He found no civilization. He found dead Human bodies, blood, and fire, but no signs of any kind of fight - these were not battles; they were massacres. He traveled from decaying village to decaying village, trying to find signs of life. Finally, he came across one city which was gated within a cobblestone wall with a broken down barred gate. The sign above the gate read: "Corinth."

The Saiyan entered the city and shuddered as the eery emptiness made him feel frightful.

Gohan heard a painful moan from his left. At first he was startled - he jumped a little bit, but then he examined it more closely. There was a soldier on his back, with every limb spare his left arm removed. He was covered in blood. He was dying. Gohan got closer to him. He spat out blood.

"Leave...here..." The soldier struggled to let the words pass from his mouth. Gohan spoke softly to the soldier. "I can fix this," he remarked, and he began to charge his healing ability in his hand. The soldier put his hand on Gohan's hand and put it down to the ground, and the ki diffused in the Earth. "Do you see how unholy this place is, now? It's my time. Don't save me. I only hope that I have saved you."

The Saiyan felt as if he was being immoral by honoring the soldier's last request - to let him die - but he did so. The last words that escaped the soldier's mouth seemed to be directions. "South...village....find....Cashius....." With that, the soldier's head turned to the side and his soul passed up to Other World. Gohan blessed himself and stood up, determined to find Cashius and vanquish this evil.

Gohan left Corinth with a new attitude. Before he was just examining the city; but now, he was furious. He was enraged and angered, and those who were tampering with the balance of life and death would be punished with their own crime. Gohan, surely, was going to obliderate all those who dared to be so foul.

Gohan looked to his left as he traveled along the dirt road southward, as the soldier had said to, when he heard a rumbling of footsteps to his left. He looked, and saw a black patch which seemed to be moving in the distance. Gohan didn't stay to find out what it was, and he flew southward at full speed.

Gohan soon arrived at what seemed to be more of a Rogue Encampment than a city. There were no houses; only tents, which resembled native american Tee-Pees. Flying from above, Gohan could see that they were primitively armed and not powerful. They had a total lack of technology and communication with the outside world. Then, there seemed to be a sort of buzz about in the city below. Gohan descended to see what was going on.

Nobody seemed to notice him when he first arrived within the encampment - he was dressed just like everybody else; in rags and scrappy clothes. He went to see what the commotion was all about; everybody seemed to be gathered around a podium, and at that soapbox was a man well dressed, iron-clad in shiny armor, with a magnificent, red cape which draped down to his knees. He had a fine steel sword, sheathed, and attached to his waist. It was much more impressive than the numerous wooden weapons that those of the city were adorning in their hands, as if they had a use for them right now. Than Gohan tuned into his speech.

"There's an incoming force of the black army from the North. It's a small force, and we may be able to defeat them. Just remember not to let them bite you; I'm sorry, but we can't risk having infected around, and you'll be exiled as well."

The man on the box noticed Gohan. He made curious face before turning to another citizen. "Sarah, check him for bites and scratches," he commanded firmly. The lady then took him off to the side and examined every nook and cranny in his body. As Gohan was being inspected, he heard the townsfolk talking outside.

"Cashius! Can we really afford to feed another mouth? Send that kid out of here!"

"We don't even know if it's safe to have him here! We can't be accepting strangers left and right!"

"Cashius! Exile him! Cashius!!"

After Sarah examined his body and deemed that he was clear, he returned and she gave Cashius a thumbs up.

"Youngling...what is your name?"

Gohan spoke with a stern voice. Whether or not the townspeople kicked him out didn't really matter to him - he was there to help them, not vice versa. "Gohan, sir."

"I see," the well equipped soldier, Cashius apparently, remarked. "Well then, Gohan, will you please come here?" He asked. Gohan obeyed and approached his podium. He then waved off the audience, who immediately began securing the wooden walls around their encampment in preparation of battle.

"Gohan, I hate saying this to a kid, but food is scarce and we don't even have clean drinking water. I'm sorry to say this, but I can't keep you in this base. If you need me to, I can direct you to another encampment..."

"No thanks," Gohan remarked with a snicker laden on his face. "I was here to help you, but apparently you guys are fine without it."

A townsperson near the gate shrieked. "Here they come!"

Gohan laughed. "Looks like you're stuck with me, at least until the battle ends." He then proceeded to float upwards until he was above the gate in front of the city, facing the black patch in the distance. He hovered there patiently, as he formed a sphere of ki in his palm.

Finally, the black army was within Gohan's range and he stuck his hand out. The sphere was released in the shape of a beam of energy, and it struck the middle of the oncoming force, sending dead soldiers scattering in every direction. Gohan fired another beam. And another beam. And another beam. Finally, a lonesome soldier made it up to the city. Gohan kicked it on the side of its head, which fell off. Gohan then looked down upon it with disgust in his eyes.

"What the hell is that thing?" He asked himself under his breath before turning back to the encampment. Gohan laughed as he examined the expressions of shock ridden across the face of every townsfolk.

Gohan returned to the headquarters. He exerted a good amount of ki energy, so he was understandably tired. He ignored the townsfolk, whom were all staring at him with awe and amazement. He contined until he reached Cashius again. "You still want me gone?" Gohan asked, in a very serves-you-right fashion. Cashius' senses finally returned to him, and he immediately began to interrogate the Saiyan. He had to breath inbetween words as his breath was apparently taken away. "Gohan! That was magnificant! How did you do that?!"

The Saiyan shrugged. He spoke very matter-of-factly. "Ehh. It wasn't so special," he said very celeriously, not wanting to delve very much farther into the subject. He found a chair, as his vision had gone black, and rested as he caught his breath. "Damn. I'm getting out of shape. That shouldn't have been so tiring..."

"Gohan," Cashius began, "there are many people here today that would be dead if you didn't do that. Please, let us know the secret to what you just did. Let us know how you did that amazing spectacle!" Gohan shrugged. "It's kind of a natural talent, I guess. It's called ki energy. It's created by your spirit. The stronger you are, the more ki energy you'll have. You can release this energy in numerous ways. For example, you can make your attacks more intensive or use it to defend yourself or heal. You just saw me release it in it's most violent form."

The soldier listened to him intently. "I wish I could do that. It would make me a better fighter."

"Well, maybe you will be able to one day! I'm going to train with Master Roshi...you're welcome to join me if you want! I'm sure he'll teach you how to hone your ki energy."

"I like that plan," Cashius said. "I like the thought of getting off of this hell hole."

"So it's settled, then! Onward to Roshi's tomorrow!" Gohan exclaimed with excitement.

"Not quite," Cashius remarked not wanting to break up Gohan's eagerness. He spoke solemnly. "I can't let these people down. I've already let my men down..."

"What do you mean, Cashius?"

"We were at battle, defending Corinth. The battle seemed even. But being the coward I am, I fled because I didn't think we could win. Without my moral support, my army got crushed. God, I'm such a pussy. Now I defend this podunk little encampment to try and redeem myself. But I'll never defeat the black army with these people. Never. Not a chance."

"Cashius...I can teach them how to fight. I'm quite wieldy with a weapon, I just don't travel with one. No, I can't turn them into the first class army that you once had, but I can teach them how to defend themselves, and maybe this encampment will survive through the onslaughts of the black army."

"Can you? Show me!"

Gohan stood off the chair he was sitting on and broke off a leg of the chair. Cashius went to do the same thing, but Gohan stopped him. "Oh no, feel free to use your sword. It won't affect our little spar in any way." Cashius smirked and unsheathed his sword, "Just so you know, I'm a cold blooded killer, and if you die by accident it won't be any skin off my back."

Gohan smirked. "Likewise."

The two swung back and forth, exchanging blows rapidly. When Cashius swung, Gohan was smart about the angle and approach he took to deflect it. Because of Gohan's mastery, never once did his makeshift staff break. Pieces chipped off inevitably, though. Cashius, tired, began swinging heavily. Gohan didn't even bother to deflect these blows. He just jumped above or rolled under them. Cashius finally took a knee from being too tired, and Gohan pointed his stick at Cashius' forehead. Gohan didn't make an attempt to strike him all battle.

"Okay, so you can fight." Cashius remarked inbetween deep breaths. "I wish I could have an entire army of you. The black army wouldn't stand a chance."

"What is the black army? Why are they so...disgusting?" Gohan asked. The question had been in the back of his mind for some time now, and it had been eating away at him.

"The black army is...well you've seen what its made of. They're entirely disgusting. Some say they're agents of the devil. Some say that hell ran out of room, and so the dead are living on Earth. I know better. They're the creation of The Four Acolytes." Cashius remarked as he blinked hard at Gohan to make sure he was following it all.

"The Four Acolytes?" Gohan asked.

"That's right. About 200 years ago, a plague fell upon this continent. It hit civilized Veltin the hardest. After the plague was discovered, very few people contracted it because of brutal techniques to avoid it. For example, those who did contract it were burned in a building that was specifically constructed to burn those people. But millions more died of starvation. Animals, too, contracted it. Millions upon millions were left for dead. Than the Acolytes came. They raised their corpses from the dead with witchcraft, and now use them to do their bidding."

"I see. And where could I find these Acolytes?" Gohan asked, being a little overconfident in his abilities.

"Calm down there, boy! If it were that easy, we would just march back to their lair and kill them there. But it isn't that easy. They have too many dark soldiers defending them. Even you would die long before you reached them." Cashius remarked, as Gohan developed a plan. He turned around to face the town, which was still staring at him after his amazing feat.

"People, I'm not gonna waste your time. I'm sure you're all as anxious to get out of here as I am. Here's the plan. You're all going to learn how to wield weapons. Me and Cashius will instruct everybody personally on how to do that. Trust me, it won't take very long. Than we're going to grasp the black army by its throat: we will go directly for The Four Acolytes while you all distract the dark soldiers. There is a risk here; the assumption is that the dark soldiers will all die when the Acolytes die. If they don't, many of you may die."

One upstart in the crowd because upset. "Why are we the distractions!? Why don't we kill the Acolytes while you two risk your lives?" Unrest broke about the crowd.

Gohan smirked. "Believe me, there's much more of a life risk when attacking the Acolytes. But because me and Cashius are both much more fully trained than you all, we feel it's best if we take on the most powerful people there. Does it make sense now?" Gohan snapped at the crowd upstart. "Believe me, witchcraft and necromancy are nothing to mess with. If me and Cashius don't succeed, you will all die alongside us. But isn't the chance to get off this hellhole worth it?"

The crowd sat in silence, taken back by Gohan's new found leadership. He looked down at them, waiting for there approval, until he realized he didn't need their approval because he was so far superior to them. "What are you waiting for!? Arm yourselves!"

Slowly, one by one, the townsfolk began to creep over to the armory. When the armory ran out of cheaply made staffs and swords, they followed in Gohan's image and began to make makeshift weapons.

Gohan turned to Cashius. "This will work."

Cashius was clearly frustrated. He was nearly perspirating. He really wished that Gohan had run this idea by him sooner, before announcing it to the entire encampment. A distraught Cashius forced his lips open and sputtered a few quick words out. "I sure hope so."

And the training begun.

Gohan knew he wouldn't have long to train the villagers. Cashius informed him that the black army would likely send a larger squad at the encampment, since the Saiyan had annihilated the entire first squad. The tactical child decided that while the defensive advantage would be nice, he would rather have the offensive element of surprise and that if they fought defensively, they would lose too much manpower to fight an effective offensive.

They divided the encampment almost in half. Cashius taught many how to use swords. Gohan taught many how to use staffs. Those who were interested in ranged weapons: primitive guns, bows, knives, etc., had to teach themselves. Watching Cashius wield a sword, Gohan discovered what kind of warrior he really was. He was passionate and ferocious. He was an absolute animal. He hounded after he target with the upmost assertiveness. He never lost sight of his target. He was a warrior. He wasn't a coward who fled from battle; he wouldn't run from a fight that he could possibly win. Gohan understood now how vast the black army was; it totally overran his army in Corinth, and he fled knowing that the battle could not be won.

Rather than fight an unwinnable battle, he fled to train a new force in the hopes that it would be more successful.

Gohan pondered on this, as slowly the day of reckoning came closer and closer. Finally it arrived. Cashius gathered the makeshift soldiers in front of him. He gave them some shpiel about how they could win. Gohan wasn't interested in what he said; he was interested in the way he spoke. He was a leader.

Finally, Cashius concluded. "To Corinth!"

And the little soldiers marched on...

They were dying. Men were dropping left and right; women were crying, too shooken up to wield their weapons as their husbands and sons were slaughtered beside them. Gohan looked back on the army. "It's not over yet!" he shouted, as his hair glowed a bright yellow and his muscles pumped out.

Gohan realized that he and Cashius rushed their training too much, and that they had even less time now than they assumed that they might have. The Saiyan was following Cashius around, dealing vigorous blows to dark soldiers who tried to distract him. Finally, they arrived at a cellar door.

"After you," Cashius remarked with a smirk. Gohan couldn't show the same gesture, as his soldiers fell at his heels. He whipped the door open, pulling the wooden door right off of its hinges, and darted down.

In a basement? The four gather in a basement?

They were silent, as they didn't want to give away their surprise, that they had arrived. They heard chanting. The peeked around a corner to see four acolytes humming some sort of curse. Gohan made quick work of them. One energy blast sent all four in different directions. Three died. The final one was faster, and fired a poisioned dart at Gohan, who was saved by Cashius, who dove in front of him. The dart penetrated his armor deeply. Gohan sent another flash of light at the final acolyte, who fell to the ground.

"Anything...for my country."

Cashius pulled Gohan closer.

"Don't tell them what I did, Gohan. You're the hero today. I'll be watching you from above."

Gohan comforted Cashius and held him tightly as his final breath left his body.

Gohan couldn't quite convince himself to mourn. It wasn't so much that he didn't care. No, far from that. But he understands that, as a peacekeeper, these things will happen.

Gohan wasn't evil. He was smarter now; stronger. He went outside. There was black dust littered across the ground. He looked at the women and children and felt no guilt, as he drifted off and continued to Roshi's island.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Saga] Gohan's Training #1 R9pe94

COMPLETE!
Back to top Go down
Goku

Goku

[Saga] Gohan's Training #1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Saga] Gohan's Training #1   [Saga] Gohan's Training #1 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:06 am

PL 120,000

Zeni 60,000
Back to top Go down

[Saga] Gohan's Training #1
Page 1 of 1