Dragon Ball Z: Conflicts Return
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dragon Ball Z: Conflicts Return

This is an alternate reality Dragon Ball Z Roleplaying Forum. Here you will be able to re-create some of the most epic battles in Dragon Ball History. The twist? You are controlling the way the story ends.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Saga] The power to fight evil (DONE!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Meraxa

[Saga] The power to fight evil (DONE!) Empty
PostSubject: [Saga] The power to fight evil (DONE!)   [Saga] The power to fight evil (DONE!) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:28 am

(Weighted armour, also learning a move)

Meraxa was travelling the world again, just like he had been before he found the dragonball. He'd taken the jetski back inland after the revival of Frieza, and from there... well he had no real idea as to where he was going. Afterall, he was a single kid, who'd just seen a gathering of evil - one that could shake the world if they wanted to. And if such were the case, he'd be unable to stop them by himself. Sure the other Z fighters would be able to lend a hand, but if either Goku or Gohan left for another planet, or died even, then there'd be a problem. That Frieza... his power level had to almost 20 times higher than his, if not more.

So he needed power, and to get that... well he had no idea where to start. Hence why he was travelling. He'd met Roshi, but the old man wasn't gonna be of any help here. He needed someone else, someone with the actual power to- *KABOOM*
He ducked down his head as the tanker went flying over him - what the hell was going on?
He looked to see two combatants fighting, one green and wearing a turban, the other was a diminuitive thing that looked kinda like...
"A SAIBAMAN!" Meraxa yelled out, catching both the attention of the green person, and the oddly coloured Saibaman, the latter reacting the sudden realisation of a witness by charging at the boy, ready to kill. Had this been some normal saibaman, then Meraxa would've easily seen its attack coming.

However such was not the case, and the creature actually succeeded in latching on to him, and he could in no way resist.
"Where the hell did a Saibaman get this kind of strength?" He suddenly gasped for air as the Saibaman began to tighten its grip, crushing the boy's spine in the process. It was hard to breath, his back was in terrible pain, he... he was blacking... out...

"Wake up kid, or I'm gonna sock you."
"Huh?" Meraxa's eyes flickered as he bolted up, to find himself in some kind of futon. He looked around, there were jars, loads of them. And there was... a cat?
"Ah good, I was worried Piccolo had brought us another dead one."
"Piccolo...? Dead one...?" Meraxa was confused, what had happened...
Ah! Then he remembered, the struggle to breath, the crushing pain-
"How long have I been out?!" Meraxa asked, shaking off the futon and jumping to his feet.

"About two days kid, how you holding up?" Meraxa couldn't believe the cat's words.
"Two days?! But thats impossible! My back- my back was broken! Most people don't recover from that their entire lives, let alone in 48 hours!" Meraxa yelled, such healing was downright impossible.
"Honestly kid, its not like I performed the impossible or anything, I just few you a senzu bean."
"Senzu... bean?" He asked, before remembering where he had heard that before, and pulled out the one he had from his pockets.
"This... healed my wounds?" He'd the claims, but he had never believed. "This is some kind of joke isn't it?" He laughed slightly as he turned around to walk away, only to bump into the green guy from before. Now that he got a close up look of the guy, his face was... slightly demonic, to say the least.

"You-" Meraxa tried to get a word out, but failed to do so before the green guy had grabbed his arm, and with one damned powerful grip, shattered the bones inside.
"AAAHHHHH!!!!!" The boy screamed, clutching his now broken arm as the green guy released it, only to suddenly have the cat going and shoving a senzu bean into his mouth. The boy gulped the bean down, to suddenly find that his arm was - however it worked - fully healed.
"I-I don't believe it." He said, poking it, and swinging it. Indeed, full healed, not ever a sign that it had ever been broken.
"How did you-?"
"Senzu beans, heal you up completely - as well as keeping your stomach full for ten days straight, unless you over exert yourself."

Meraxa blinked twice. There was actually stuff that did that? Well, he'd seen dragonballs, this shouldn't really have come as too much of a surprise.
"And what about big, green, and ugly over here?" Meraxa asked, pointing towards the green guy who had previously broken his arm. The growling he made didn't make Meraxa feel comfortable here.
"Oh him, thats Piccolo - the guy who saved your ugly mug from a Saibaman that had gotten itself a bit of an upgrade." The cat pointed at this 'Piccolo', who didn't seem too happy.
"We wouldn't have had any trouble if you didn't decide to keep that ultra holy water out in a place where ANYONE could get at it."
"Oh, you call the north pole a place ANYONE would go?!"
"That Saibaman certainly did - dammit if that explosion at West City hadn't happened, it probably wouldn't have gotten that north in the first place."

Wait... explosion at West City? He couldn't possibly mean...
"Oh that, sorry, I kinda did it since I was covered in Saibamen and there was really no other way for me to get out of... there..." Meraxa trailed off as Piccolo's ki spiked, maybe mentioning that little fact had not been such a good idea.
"You what?" Was Piccolo's question, and Meraxa hesitant to repeat himself. Luckily for him, the cat had decided to play moderator.
"Hold up Piccolo - you heard what this kid said. He was covered in Saibamen, they wouldn't do that unless they were really wanting to blow him to kingdom come. Kid's lucky to have made it out alive."
"Or, he's as skilled as I've heard... you're Meraxa aren't you?"
"Um..."
"Speak up!"
"Yes sir." Meraxa suddenly stood up straight, Piccolo's voice ringing in his ears.

"Good, so you're the one Gohan told me about. Listen up kid, cause I'm only gonna say this twice. You're currently in what is known Korin's tower, approximately five to ten kilometres above the ground - so be careful where you step. Now when Gohan told me about you, he said that he saw potential for you to be one of the most powerful humans this dirtball of a planet has ever produced. Now its obvious you have yet to tap into even a bit of that potential, hence why I'm going to train you - just as I trained him, only harder. Now, you understand me?" Piccolo's simple glance felt more like a long glare, even though it lasted for a mere instant.
Meraxa took time to consider this. How could this guy have taught Gohan?! Gohan was so different from him, yet in a sense, very similar too. And he knew how powerful Gohan was, it was natural to be envious of such power. Plus, with Frieza and his goons out there, he'd need a way to stop them...
"I understand. So what are we gonna do?" Meraxa asked, unsure of what was going to come next.

"Kid, let me put this as simply as I can. In one year, I turned a little brat with a power level of 1 into a warrior reaching a power level of around 1000. Now I doubt I could do the same with you exactly - since he had saiyan blood on his side - and from what I can tell you're around 25000 or so, meaning your gain will be less proportionate than what it was with Gohan, so don't think this will make you reach 25 million - cause not even I can train a person that high. And because of your higher power level, your training will be far more intense and dangerous that it ever was for Gohan - do you understand me?!" Piccolo's yell seemed to shake the entire room, his booming voice sure didn't know how to give it a break.
"I understand you Piccolo sir!" Meraxa responded in almost military fashion, and Piccolo smiled.
"Good, now follow me." Piccolo said as he went up some stairs that connected to the outside, and as Meraxa followed, he saw that Piccolo sure wasn't kidding when he had said they were up several kilometres - it was doubtful Meraxa would survive a fall from this kinda height, even if he did leap buildings in a single bound.

"Thats... pretty high." Meraxa commented on the height, laughing dryly, with Piccolo surprisingly enough joining in.
"You think thats bad, we're about to get a whole lot higher."
"Wha-" Meraxa's mouth dropped, he had to be kidding, right?
"Come on - lets go." Piccolo said suddenly shooting off the stairs and into the sky, leaving Meraxa behind him...
Until he returned ten seconds later.
"C'mon kid, we're wasting daylight."
"Um... Piccolo sir... I can't fly."
"You what?" Piccolo's face twitched, that wasn't a good sign.
"I can't fly - never have, and probably never wil-" Meraxa found his sentence cut short as Piccolo grabbed him by the leg, and dangled him over the edge of Korin's lookout.
"You... you wouldn't!" Meraxa cried, desperate to get free.
"Kid, I've gotten myself the name of 'Demon King'. You do the math." Piccolo said as he released the boy, who fell towards the ground.

And that he did, faster and faster, he continued to fall towards inevitable death. Why? Why was this happening?
Well, considering he had 5 or more kilometres to fall, he had some time to consider everything.
"Okay... so that Piccolo said that the Saibaman with the weird colours was because it had drunken something called Ultra holy water. Then the cat said that it was at the north pole because of an explosion in west city, which I probably caused. Then I'm told that I was on Korin's tower, and since I now know that the green guy is Piccolo, that must make the cat Korin... however that works. Then apparently Gohan put a good work in, saying I had potential, and now Piccolo wants to train me - but doesn't think its worth it if I can't fly. Or at least thats seems to be the case." He said cupping his fist in his left hand, as sign that he now understood.
"Yosh, so right now I need to figure out to fly - or I'm gonna go splat. Now... HOW THE HECK DO I DO THAT?!" He screamed to the heavens in search of an answer.

"Hmm... this certainly isn't working. Maybe..." Meraxa shifted himself so that he was facing the ground several kilometres below, and crossed his arms in front of his chest, amassing ki.
"Ryuukousen!" He yelled, the dragon shaped beam shooting out towards the ground... to no effect.
"Oh wait, I'm still a few kilometres off - course the beam isn't gonna reach in time. Gotta be something else..."
He started thinking again, this time conjuring up a decent idea.
"If I used my ki... I might be able to push against the gravity of the planet itself, and then fly. Right, its worth a shot... ooooooOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!" He yelled in typical fashion as he charged his ki once more, focusing it beneath.
"Repel the Earth. Repel the Earth. Repel the Earth!" He yelled, trying to keep his confidence up, now realising he was mere moments from the ground.
"REPEL THE EARTH!"

And for a few moments, there was silence.
"YAAAHHHOOOOO!" Was the sound that broke that silence, as Meraxa soared up into the sky.
"This! Is! Awesome!" He flew around whilst shouting those words, speeding his way towards Piccolo.
"Why the heck did you do that? I could've been killed."
"But you weren't, obviously enough. And from what I've seen over the years, your species learns best and quickest under intense circumstances - for you to fly, you need to be falling first."

Though Meraxa didn't really like it, he had to agree that such a method had proven... effective to say the least.
"Now come on, we've gotta get moving." Piccolo told the boy, who followed him as they ascended up into the clouds. They higher they went, the more curious Meraxa became as to where in the world they were going.
"So um... Mr-"
"Piccolo! Only Gohan gets to use that honoriffic!" The green man yelled out. Sheesh, didn't have to make it personal or anything.
"Well uh, where exactly are we going?"
"Kami's Lookout." Piccolo said bluntly, as Meraa processed the word through his head. Kami... Kami... wait, wasn't that the ancient tongue for-?
"You mean as in... "God's" Lookout?" Meraxa gulped, sure he'd expected that with all the weird stuff around him there might actually be a god and all, but to actually end up in his personal property so quickly? Had to be a catch or something.

"Though I guess if you want to get technical, you could call it my lookout now." Wait... what did he mean 'now'?
"Care to explain what that last bit was about?" Meraxa asked, his hand slightly twitchy. He couldn't be sure what could happen around this Piccolo character.
"To put it simply kid, I was once part of - and have now consumed - the one you refer to as God."
"Wha-" Meraxa's eyes widened in shock. Did- did he just say that he was part, no, IS part of god?! If any religious nut had heard that, they'd be breaking every damned part of their rule book reaching for that shotgun of theirs.
"Lets just say that whole 'Demon King' thing happened because of the specifications to be God." He told the boy, who was still bewildered by how Piccolo could say such things and not even bat an eyelid. Actually, for that matter, what in the world was he anyway? Certainly wasn't human, and if there were 'specifications' for being god, that meant his other 'part' hadn't been the first. Was he an alien maybe? He knew that there a few human like ones, but had never heard of green ones - save for the Saibamen that is, and this guy was way too tall (not to mention had a few extra features) to be one of those things.

However that question could wait, as what appeared to be more of a floating platform than a tower appeared before them, but it was the place Piccolo was heading to, so it had to be the one. The two beings landed on it, with Meraxa promptly collapsing to the ground, losing conciousness before even he realised it would happen. Piccolo sighed, and looked to the direction of the short, black skinned servant of the old Kami, and the replacement - Dende.
"I see you've found yourself another apprentice. Do you really think he has the potential to even survive the training? Let alone come out of it stronger." Mr Popo's was stoic, yet his voice had a small hint of worry for the boy's fate.
"I agree Piccolo, I mean sure Gohan was a pretty good result, but he was part saiyan - this kid is human. His body doesn't work like theirs." Dende's worry however, was far more obvious as his wavered in the presence of Piccolo.
"Look, I understand what you're saying - but its not like we have much of a choice do we? Frieza's back and-"
"And we can leave it to Gohan! He's more than powerful enough to take on anyone who gets in his way." Dende's voice was loud in this statement, but again, it didn't hold against Piccolo.
"And thats the problem, or at least one of them. First, Gohan won't be here to save this planet, I certainly won't be, I know that much, theres too many things going on in this universe. Second, Gohan being as powerful as he is, thats a definite problem. Theres almost noone who could oppose him if he ever went rogue. And trust me, there is always a way something like that could happen. That and Gohan's power far exceeded his old man, despite being 'half human', meaning there must be something in this race's blood, something worthwhile."

Mr Popo knew that Piccolo was right, and went to prep the Pendulum Room to the specific times he knew Piccolo would want. The Namekian was a harsh one. Dende on the other hand, set out to tend to the air exhausted Meraxa. Piccolo had rushed the boy up to the lookout without any warning of exactly how thin the air was. Now they would have to wait until his lungs got even slightly used to it before Piccolo's training commenced. Perhaps it was better that way, the longer the boy stayed away from Piccolo, the less likely he would be to die. The small namekian wondered what times Piccolo would send the boy to, though he doubted it would be one of the more peaceful scenarios. Perhaps his original reign of destruction on Earth? Perhaps, but too cliche for one like Piccolo. Well, he was going to train the boy in the hopes of preparing to fend off a saiyan-hybrid if need be, so perhaps that meant...
The boy would most definitely not survive.

Meraxa awoke, slightly dazed. His vision blurred, where exactly was he? He remembered... Piccolo and him reaching the lookout, and then him... fainting? He facepalmed, which was easier when he was somewhat used to doing that. Great, got to Kami's Lookout, black out as soon as you step on it - great way to start off this whole training deal. Still, that didn't help now, since he still wasn't sure where he was.
"I see you're finally awake." Meraxa's head turned to follow the voice, and saw a tall blurry blob of green.
"Piccolo?"
"One and only kid, now get up - we're leaving in a few seconds."
"Wha-? Leaving?" Meraxa questioned as he indeed got up. But where were they going? From what he could tell they were in some room with a... pendulum swinging over head? The heck?
Mr Popo appeared, though Meraxa did not know who he was.
"I have everything set up Piccolo. The pendulum has also reached maximum energy, ready for displacement."
"Thank you Mr Popo, we'll see how this kid does against some real opponets, not Saibamen and exiles."

"Just don't kill him alright?"
"Please, lets just hope they don't kill him."
"Wha-" Meraxa's confused question was left unfinished as a lightning bolt zapped down, and the two beneath it disappeared in a bright flash.
And thus there was Mr Popo, by himself, looking at the date set into the powerful device.
"238 B.C.A., the day of the first Super Saiyan. How could Piccolo be so cruel?"
"Perhaps its because his trust in the boy is not as misplaced as we originally thought." Dende emerged from the shadows, surprisingly more calm compared to his earlier protests.
"And what makes you say that?" Mr Popo inquired, it was odd since - again - he had earlier been set against the idea.
"I took a look through one of the spheres of omnisciency, and saw surprising, here, let me show you." Dende said, lifting the crystal ball - ironically, unbeknownst to them, one of such design in the hands of an old hag named Baba - and showed Mr Popo the images inside.
"Interesting... who would've thought."

"-t?!" Meraxa blinked twice as he finished his sentence, suddenly overcame by an incredible sense of heat.
"Where in the heck are we?" He looked around, the place made it seem almost as if the entire planet was blowing up around them... whatever planet it was.
"The original Planet Vegeta, finding its physical and temporal coordinates wasn't easy, especially considering the specific time I wanted."
"And whats so special abou- wait, did you say TEMPORAL coodinates?!" Meraxa's mouth practically dropped to the floor. He'd heard of transporter tech being in theory, but ones with built in time travel?! Ridiculous.
"Yeah, its what you humans refer to as 238 B.C.A., and right about now..." Piccolo said as a sudden plume of lava shot up, and then descended, to reveal what looked like... a giant golden ape?! This day was officially breaking the 'HSQ' in every way it could be deemed possible, and maybe even more so.

"There he is - the original Super Saiyan. Take a good look kid, thats what our friend Gohan could end up as if we're not careful, his dad too. The aim for today is simple, survive for one hour. If you can't lost that long, then it isn't worth me training you. Also a word of warning, right now the rest of the saiyans are gonna be fleeing their world, and are gonne be mighty pissed if anyone - or anything for that matter - gets in their way. So watch yourself alright?" Piccolo said as he disappeared in a flicker, leaving Meraxa to fend for himself as he noticed the rapidly growing swarm of humanoids on the horizon - those must've been the saiyans.
"Out of the way! I'm getting out of here first!"
"Like hell you are! That spaceship is mine!"
"I saw it first before the lot of you!" Several yells were made, before all out fighting started. But in a twisted way, it kind of made sense. If there was limited evacuation methods, and add in superpowered aliens, then this sort of thing would inevitably happen. The problem was, saiyans looked a lot like humans, and vice versa. So if they spotted him...

"Hey look! That no tail's trying to get out ahead of us! If anyone dies here, it should be him!" One of the swarm pointed, and to Meraxa's surprise, the suggestion was met with a pretty unanimous 'yes'. That wasn't good.
Ki beams flew out in one giant burst, like a huge wall of energy. It was through the utilization of his own ki blasts that he fended off the beams that came towards him directly. Those saiyans had numbers on their side, as well as a good number of them being strong enough to rival him if they got within close range.
Too bad thats exactly what happened.
One tried to slam his foot down on Meraxa's head, who promptly grabbed said foot, and threw the guy into a couple of saiyans blocking his escape. However that soon became blocked off as more appeared, and fired out some ki beams, only for Meraxa to fly upwards, leaving the beams to blast into more saiyans. A kick from below - block. A punch from the side - block. A headbu-
"Aahhh!" Meraxa yelled as his hands grasped his now bleeding head, trying to wipe the blood from his eyes. He was too little too late however, as once he took his hands away from his face, two saiyans slammed their fists right into it, sending him hurtling towards the ground.

"Oww..." He groaned, but that was soon replaced by a "GWAH!" as one of the stronger saiyans brought their knee down into his chest, blood rising up in - and subsequently out of - his mouth.
"Oh man, I think you might've actually killed him." A fat one descended, inspecting Meraxa.
"No way, he's still twitching from the pain. And besides, anyone without a tail deserves to be dead. Though maybe I should be merciful and help him."
"By 'help', you mean...?"
"Oh yeah." The thinner of the two saiyans said as he grabbed Meraxa, and turned him over. He then pulled down Meraxa's trousers, and then had a very surprised look on his face.
"Hey... theres no tail."
"We know that, thats why you're gonna 'help' him, right?"
"No, I mean as in nothing. No stump, no fur - nothing."
"What? You're kidding right... What the heck? What kind of saiyan has absolutely no tail?" The fat one was easily confused, not noticing how most of the other saiyans had already moved on to the escape vessels - something which Meraxa however, had.

"I don't know, unless... he isn't a saiyan."
"Not a saiyan? But thats impossible right?"
"I don't know, but can you think of any other explanation? Universe is a big place Aspar."
"Yeah, guess you're right Beet. In any case, mind if I finish him off?"
"Be my guest - he's so weak, I mean honest- GAH!" The one known as Beet couldn't his sentence however, as this time it was Meraxa's knee that went into his stomach, Meraxa's left foot then finding its way into Aspar's large body as he spun around from the earlier attack. When he landed shortly after the little maneuver, he had to bend down on one knee to stay even slightly up. His heart was racing, fear gripped Meraxa as he fought to survive. And there was something else, something... wild.
"Why you...!" Beet came charging back, delivering a powerful chop to Meraxa's back, or at least that was his plan.
Instead he heard five clicks, before screaming out in pain, clutching his hand as he looked at his broken fingers and thumb.
Aspar came back as well, this time trying to fire a beam at Meraxa, who ducked to the side in time for Beet to take the bulk of the blast.
"What are you doing? Hit him! Not me!" Beet yelled in agony, now a charred wreck by his own allies attack.
"But I thought I would! That movement there wasn't the same kid we were beating on five minutes ago." Aspar tried to reason with his partner, this time not noticing the human boy as he floated towards him.

"And besides, you're the one who talked about how weak he was, how was I... supposed... to know...?" Aspar turned his head slowly as he realised the looming shadow over head, which currently had a glowing white fist.
"Oh SHI-!"
"METEOR PUNCH!" Meraxa yelled as he slammed down his fist into the saiyan's head, smashing the brain into goo, and forcing the skull to come out the alien's butthole. Now he knew what that wild feeling was, and the name that people gave it. It was anger, and he was most certainly angry.
"You... you're next." He said, floating towards the near incapacitated saiyan, his fist still glowing white, ready for another punch.
"Oh sweet mother of- I'm sorry! I'm sorry! If I'd known you were so strong-!"
"Well too bad for you, you didn't." Meraxa gave his cold-blooded words as his fist met the rocky ground, Beet's face stuck in between at a depth of about... one centimetre.

He spent the rest of the time hiding away, crying under an outcrop of rock. Beyond his tears, he could see his bloodied hands, the stains of red upon his flesh. What had happened to him? Why had he done that? Why did he just commit cold-blooded murder? The wild cries of the super saiyan-ape-thing outside did not help, it merely reminded him of what he did.
"Why are you crying?" Piccolo's voice came first, followed shortly by the green man himself, but Meraxa didn't even hear him under his own moaning.
"I said... WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!" Piccolo said as he grabbed Meraxa by the collar, and shook him about. Only then did the boy even slightly stop.
"I-I-I-"
"Out with it boy!"
"I killed them! I smashed their faces into the ground! I'm a murderer!"
"And your point being?"
"You... how can you say that? It doesn't matter who, murder is just wrong!"
"Would you have survived otherwise?" Piccolo's question made Meraxa go silent, the truth sinking in.

"No..."
"What was that?"
"No..."
"YELL IT!"
"NO! NO DAMMIT I WOULDN'T! But that still doesn't justify what I-" Meraxa's yelling was interrupted by Piccolo dropping him, and then backhanding him.
"Wha-" Another slap, and it hurt even more than the last.
"Whats that for?!" Meraxa yelled, Piccolo's stern eyes looking at him, staring into his soul.
"I've had enough of your whining kid. Death is the result for you if you fight when you can't win, and killing your opponent is the only way they'll rest in peace - noone lives with the shame of defeat. Now you can grow up, and become someone who bends destiny to their will, or stay the miserable little runt you are. And another thing..."
The two were consumed by the flash of light that signalled the end of the hour, and their time in the past - now they were back in that pendulum room.
"Gohan trained under me when he was four." He said as he grabbed a white turban and cape - presumably his - and went upstairs. Whilst Meraxa simply lay there, contemplating his words.

Weeks passed, and Meraxa slowly became accustomed to life on the lookout. He would read the various textbooks during his free time, and that which wasn't free was being used for one of three things: 1) Eat 2) Sleep 3) Train. He had not once sparred with Piccolo however, as the green being had constantly blown him off, saying he wasn't worth fighting. Instead, Meraxa was using the pendulum room, learning from various masters - past, present, and future (that one rarest of all however, as he had to be careful or gain knowledge he shouldn't). The clothes he wore were not his original orange gi, that he kept away in storage for the day his training was completed (or he escaped, Piccolo had stopped all attempts quite easily). Right now, he was taking a chance to read up on the past of the lookout itself, and the 'gods' that had come before.
"Weird..." He said, only the most previous Kami and the current one were green - the rest were as human as he was. It was odd, why were they exceptions? Not to mention, there was numerous references to the dragonballs in the book he was reading, but only when they involved Kami and Dende, yet never before then. It made one wonder.

"Curious are we?" Mr Popo said calmly, however Meraxa jumped at the short being's sudden appearance.
"Oh, don't mind me - I just decided to bring you a proper breakfast for once. Man cannot live on senzu's alone correct?" Mr Popo then said with a smile, placing the tray in front of Meraxa. It was a few slices of toast, bacon, and a cup of coffee - basic, but the first real food Meraxa had seen in ages. He picked up the cup and took a sip, hmm... the bitter taste was refreshing.
"I'm just reading up on the past gods. For some reason, only the last one and Dende were green - and the dragonballs only appear with them as well. Any reason for that?"
"Simple really. Kami and Dende are aliens."
Now that made Meraxa really jump, or rather, fall backwards in his chair.

"A-a-aliens?!" His yell could be heard for miles.
"Yes, didn't you realise?" Mr Popo asked, seemingly surprised that Meraxa hadn't come to such a conclusion. Why would the boy ever think that god was an alien?!
"It hadn't crossed my mind really... so what kind of alien we talking about anyways?" Meraxa said picking himself up off the floor.
"A species known as 'namekian', really skilled ones can create dragonballs once skilled enough." Mr Popo told him, almost as if it was supposed to be common knowledge.
"So Dende co-"
"No, not yet. The dragonballs you are the 'Z fighters' sought out were the ones Kami made, Dende was just to fill in the needed power source. I can even repair the dragon myself." Mr Popo's smile made it almost seem like that was one of the few extraodinary things could do.

Aside from kick Meraxa's as from here to next week through sheer skill alone. Seriously, the guy had to have a power level insignificant compared to Meraxa's, and yet years of training paid off every time, dodging Meraxa's strikes and landing numerous small blows, which eventually amounted in Meraxa's defeat every time.
"The dragonballs are pretty powerful aren't they Mr Popo?"
"Indeed, it would be disastrous if they ever landed in evil hands."
"If you know that much, then why not keep them up here in the lookout 24/7? I mean its not like anyone knows where this place is unless they're shown the way right?"
"Thats true, but most humans are a greedy lot, and smart too. They've developed dragon radars before, and just one of their missiles could bring down the entire lookout - where would we keep the dragonballs then?"
"Thats a point I guess."
"Plus keeping them here would mean that if an evil doer did find out about this place and get past our defenses (me and Piccolo), it'd be an instant wish."

There was another point well made. That Frieza person did seem like the type of person who'd do anything to get what he wanted.
"Too bad none of my techniques would prove that effective against the likes of Frieza and his bunch, or I'd be a bit more active in trying to kick their asses."
"Well maybe theres..."
"Yes?"
"Well one of the previous gods was far more 'proactive', shall we say, in his overview of the world. He was working on developing a technique specifically designed to deal out incredible damage to evil. Sadly, he passed away before he could ever finish it. Though he did show me his progress many times."
"Really? Mind if I had a look."
"Of course not, come outside then." Mr Popo said as they left the library, and went into the open area that made up the lookout's surface.

"Watch closely, and feel my ki as I make the technique." Mr Popo told Meraxa, who did indeed watch, but kept his senses open. Mr Popo clasped his hands together, then parted them slightly, a white light forming between them. The light began to grow taller, almost like a pole, but the flow of ki made it seem almost as if the thing was on fire. However the ki soon began to crackle with small bolts of electricity, before fading entirely.
"As you can see, its not easy to maintain, and consumes ki constantly. I'm not even sure what the finished form was meant to be." Mr Popo sighed, guess bringing up the past gods that had come and gone was a bad thing for the guy.
"I don't know... I think I may have an idea." Meraxa said rushing back inside, the sound of a pencil scribbling on pencil could be overhead seconds later.

Piccolo appeared next to Mr Popo, and asked him.
"So, you showed him that technique like I told you to?"
"Yes, suggestive conversation has always been a forte of mine. Though I must ask, do you think he'll finish it like you intend for him to?"
"He'd better, or his ancestor will probably never forgive him."
"I'm surprised I even found such a connection. No wonder that one was banished from the lookout, he had an affair with a woman, and the creed clearly dictates that we gods must avoid that." Dende said, appearing as well.
"All the more reason he had to complete his training." Piccolo then headed inside, towards the pendulum room. He had to keep up his training as well after all.

The energy dissipated for the tenth time that day, Meraxa almost exhausted.
"C-C'mon... Meraxa... pull it together..." He panted several times before he clasped his hands together once more, the white light appearing as he then pulled them apart. The light grew and grew, lengthening extensively, but ultimately exploded in Meraxa's face, sending him flying back a bit into a bookcase, which then proceeded to collapse on top of him.
"Ugh..."
"Practice not going well?" Dende's innocent face appeared, to which Meraxa responded.
"What was your first clue? The explosion or the mess I've made trying to get it to work for the last week or so?"
"Bit of both really. What are trying to make with the energy anyway?"
"This." Meraxa said bluntly as he held up a piece of paper, showing off the simplistic design.
"I see... have you even wielded one of those before?"
"No, why do you ask?"
"Maybe thats your problem - you've seen pictures obviously, but you don't know how one actually feels. Lets go and remedy that." Dende said, pulling Meraxa to the pendulum room.

"So where am I going this time exactly?" Meraxa asked, the circle beneath seemed to have different patterns to the ones he'd seen before when he'd done other destinations.
"You'll find out when you get there. Just be careful, it'll be a bit like how the original Planet Vegeta was."
"How so?" Meraxa raised an eyebrow, that didn't sound encouraging to be quite frank.
"Lets just say it'll be interesting. Also this time around, you're staying for a few months."
"Wait wha-" Meraxa began his sentence, but disappeared in that ever memorable bright light as the lightning came down.
"You really need to stop asking that question." Dende said as he then waited - it'd only be about an hour or so for him afterall.

Meraxa appeared in the middle of what seemed to be a large forest. The sun shone through the lush green tree tops, illuminating but a small patch in which Meraxa currently resided. The wind was soft - calming even. How strange... Dende said this place would be like Planet Vegeta - it was anything but.
Until he had to duck the sword that is. That might have put him on edge a little.
Flipping backwards, he watched as his attacker emerged from the darkness of the woods, sporting a rather large mohawk atop his head.
"I don't think swinging your sword around like that is ver-" Meraxa however didn't finish his sentence as the warrior tried to slash him again, though Meraxa grabbed the blade with his bare hands, his physical strength having already reached a point where such a thing was possible.
"H-how...!" Oh? So Mohawk guy spoke, that was good, because Meraxa needed answers.
"I'm a strong guy, now before I show you how strong I really am, you'll put away that sword of yours. I don't want to break it." He smiled, he was confident this person would abide by such wishes.

Until said person smiled too, the strength behind the sword suddenly increasing several times, Meraxa drawing back his hand just quick enough to avoid it being chopped off - however he'd need a few bandages after this to say the least.
"How about I keep the sword out, and you answer this - who are you? You're certainly no Konatsian or Kashvar, thats for sure." The Mohawk-hair asked, and with the sudden increase in strength, Meraxa was inclined to answer.
"Meraxa Delwas, and I'm several thousand light years from home. Don't ask how I got here, I'm too sure myself." He laughed dryly. It wasn't entirely false now was it?
"Hmm... It'll do." Mohawk-hair said as he put away his sword. "However I'm not letting you out of my sight."
"Like I could go anywhere, not even sure which galaxy I'm in." Meraxa told him, whilst the Mohawk-hair raised an eyebrow.
"Right... I'm Tapion, I'm only telling you so that you may remember the name of the one who killed you, should it come to that. Though I honestly don't have the time..."
"Time to look after little old me? Problem?" Meraxa asked, natural inquisitiveness starting up.

"It is none of your concern outsider." Tapion said, reaching for his sword, but stopped when he understood that Meraxa got the message.
"Okay, okay - you wanna keep secrets, thats fine. Though may can I least get one thing before anything else?"
"What?"
"A bandage." Meraxa told him, pointing to the increasingly large amount of blood pouring from his hand. Tapion simply laughed.
"Alright, I guess you should at least have that much. I may be a warrior, but that doesn't mean I should help people in genuine pain." He said as he pulled out some brown cloth - well, there would be some differences on an alien world. Tapion tossed the cloth to Meraxa, who then wrapped it around his wound rather amateurishly.

"Much better, now I can... Again? Seriously, and I thought we'd just gotten off on a better foot." Meraxa sighed, Tapion's blade was pointed at his face again.
"I should've realised... you are one of them."
"One of who? The Kashvar? Why would you think that?"
"If you weren't one, then theres no way Hirudegaan would've found me so quickly." Hirudegaan? What the heck was a Hirudegaan? Sounded mean.
"May I ask what one of those is?" Meraxa questioned, unaware of a looming shadow.
"Don't play dumb with me, or else you wouldn't have its shadow looming over you."

Meraxa blinked twice, looking at the ground. Indeed there was a shadow, and a pretty big one at that. He then looked up to see the creature casting such a montrous shadow... it was a monster, who'd have thought?
"Whoa~ Now that is big. But you honestly think I summoned this guy? Yeah right."
"Do not lie! This creature has plagued my people for months, and your strength woud be more than enough for a kashvar to revive him."
"I see... but if I really must prove myself... HAAAA!" He yelled as his aura sparked dramatically, might as well go all out right? Of course, against Tapion he'd been holding back - afterall, this had been his only source of knowledge so far, and had he gone any stronger he'd probably have ended up killing the guy.
He flew straight up, and turned to see this 'Hirudegaan' face to face.
"So, been a bit of a hassle have you? Sorry but I just got here - and I don't want such a lovely planet wrecked so soon. Lets go shall we?" Meraxa laughed as Hirudegaan began his attack, which Meraxa dodged, and then countered with his own ki blast. And from there, the battle continued.

Tapion below, was watching as Meraxa fought the beast. He was straight forward, to say the least.
"But does he seriously think he has a chance against the creature? Even Minotia is not that foolish..." Tapion said to himself, he missed his brother - but they had to train in seclusion, so that months from now they could finally end Hirudegaan, even if the cost was their own bodies. He still remembered it, the day that Hirudegaan had appeared. All the bloodshed, all the suffering. And then the wizard appeared, offering one last chance for his people's survival. Unfortunately, whilst yes - they had the enchanted sword and ocarinas at the ready, they still needed time to 1) Find a safe place to defeat the creature 2) Fully understand the use of the items they now held. As such, they were to train in solitude for months, to hone their skills. Unfortunately for him, Hirudegaan had followed - and his initial suspicions turned to the boy who had recently appeared. And yet... he fought Hirudegaan, and without any hint of hidden intent. Perhaps he truly was not with the Kashvar. If such was the case, then he could prove useful. And subsequently, he must not be allowed to die here.

"Come with me." Tapion told Meraxa from below, before heading deep into the forest. Meraxa looked back, confused.
"But why? I was just gettin- WHOA!" He yelled as Hirudegaan lashed out with its tail, sending him flying. Maybe this beast was what Dende meant when it'd be like Vegeta. Big hulking creature laying waste to a planet? Fit the bill pretty well.
"I get your point." Meraxa said as he dived into the forest after Tapion, using initial flight to catch up to him, but used his feet once he did indeed catch up.
"Why are we running exactly?"
"Aside from being led by the Kashvar, Hirudegaan detects people by their ki - hence why I was initially restrained. You however are leaking all over the place. Maybe thats the reason he found me, through sniffing you out."
"Uh, sorry. Not used to hiding my ki afterall... if thats even possible." Meraxa said, he doubted such a thing. Sure he could hold back his strength and all, but actually keeping a lid on one's energy? It'd be interesting it weren't so well... dumb. Afterall, if you can scare someone off with your ki, then why not let it out?

Though of course, considering that this Hirudegaan was obviously not gonna be scared by anything, maybe hiding his ki would do some good.
"Alright, so how exactly do I this anyway? And make it simple, no time for anything complicated with this guy behind us." Meraxa said to Tapion, who began his explanation.
"Draw a picture in your mind. Imagine a fire, a great big fire. That is your ki. Now draw around it something - anything - as long as it contains the flames. And then, maintain that containment. Don't let even the heat of the flames escape. Yes... I can sense that you're getting it - your ki isn't too noticeable now." Tapion smiled, though Meraxa simply blinked at him. Was it really that simple? He'd just thought of one those bell things you put over a candle at night. Still, it did seem like Hirudegaan was now having to actually look for them, which meant there had to be some credibility to it.

"Now, into this hole." Tapion said as he ducked down into it, Meraxa jumping in as well, sliding down the mud. Great, now his clothes were ruined... wait, when did he ever care about the state of his clothes?
"Where does this come out exactly?" Meraxa asked, he didn't want to land headfirst into a tree trunk afterall. Though he loud rumbling almost sounded like...
"It'll be a bit wet."
Understatement Tapion, great, big, understatement. After all, who in their right mind says that going through a waterfall would get you a 'bit' wet? Aliens. He was so gonna have trouble understanding them in even the slightest.
Once they had passed the waterfall into the river below, and from there to the river bank, Meraxa and Tapion both lay there for a few moments, breathing heavily.
"Do all your escape plans involve going down falling water? Or is this a one off?" Meraxa asked rhetorically, yet still getting answer.
"Its less escape plan and more entrance to a secret cave. Found it years ago with my brother, Never expected having to use it for this though."

"You have a brother?"
"Yeah, little one. He's called Minotia."
"Lucky, I'm an only child."
"You really think thats lucky? He was a pain in the neck when we were little."
"But you still love him right?"
"Of course, I'd do anything to protect him from harm."
"Heh, maybe thats what I'm missing."
"Huh?"
"Oh, its just that where I'm from, we've got a problem not all that unsimilar to the one you have. Great evil, wants to destroy my entire planet, that kind of thing."
"I see, but that doesn't answer the question."
"Of what?"
"What you're missing, of course."
"Oh right. Well, so there the whole great evil and such, and I've thrown in my chips with the good guys... but..."
"But...?"
"But despite that, I'm not sure why I did. I mean at the time I was scared, and I just went with the people I even slightly knew. To be honest, there were accusations that they were the bad guys instead of good, and theres no real evidence for or against that view. And even then, why should I fight? I mean theres loads of planets out there. I don't know a lot of people, and-"
"But you still know some right?"
"Yeah, I guess."
"Then theres reason enough."
"What?"
"You have to protect their smile, since even if their last in the line of fire, they're still there right. Don't ever let the weapon be pointed at them."
"True enough. So about this Hirudegaan problem of yours?"
"Yes?"
"Mind if I help?"
"I'm sorry, but its our problem and-"
"Look I know you're supposed to be training in solitude and all, but how are you gonna know your skills have improved unless you fight someone?"
"Now thats true enough. I guess in return, I'll teach you how to wield a blade."
"That'd be cool."

Two months passed by almost as if they had been mere days. Meraxa had trained alongside Tapion, with each improving the other's skills as each attempted to outdo the other. Meraxa had also taken a natural liking and skill to the blade. It was sturdy, swift, strong, a weapon of skill and grace. No wonder Tapion always carried one. The training had allowed Meraxa to finish his technique's theory, though the actual practice had yet to be carried out. Today was also the day... the day they finally stopped Hirudegaan. The wizard had summoned them to some ancient ruins, where they would then let out a burst of ki, which would surely attract the beast. Though for now the plan was to have Minotia and Tapion distract the beast with the Ocarinas, Tapion was actually hoping that they could swap Minotia with Meraxa, as he did not wish to have his brother in danger any longer. The Ocarinas were something that he had mastered almost after one try, why would Meraxa not be able to do the same?
The two of them walked through the dust cloud, cloaks fluttering in the wind.
"How far to the ruins exactly?" Meraxa asked, of course, he knew the planet Konats' surface like one knew how their life was gonna turn out - as in, barely.
"Two more hours. Ten if the direct route is cut off."
"The direct route? It wouldn't happen to look like a tunnel in the sand would it?"
"Actually yes, how did you know?"
"Rocks are collapsing on the entrance!" Meraxa said, pointing as he and Tapion began to run. Their feet dug heavily into the sand, yet there was almost no grip. They would not make it in time, unless...

"Hang on!" Meraxa yelled as he began to fly, it would only let out a small amount of ki, not enough to attract Hirudegaan just yet. He picked up Tapion off his feet, and then sped the two of them into the tunnel, the entrance being covered shut just as they got in. If it weren't for the fact that planet Konats' rock was as hard as the diamonds of earth, Meraxa and Tapion would've just punched them out when they got the entrance, instead of rushing to get in. Regardless, in they were, and also in the dark.
"Hang a second." Tapion said as he fired a small ki beam at a nearby torch, igniting it. He pulled the torch from its place on the wall, and held it out in front of him. Hundreds of various creatures scurried away into the darkness, light obviously not being a usual part of their habitat.
"I'm guessing most don't come by this path."
"Yeah. Though its the most direct route, its unfortunately extremely dangerous. Most who venture in here don't make it out on the other side. Hence why most will take the longer one."
"But why is the other route so long anyways?"
"You can't see it during dust clouds, but just beyond this tunnel is a long mountain range several thousands of tellbaks - or what you call miles - long, and noone is quite sure how high they go. Some say they even penetrate the atmosphere, and reach off into space. Theres no way to go except beneath or around them. Around however is too long for us, and thus we take this path."

As they descended lower and lower into the depths of the tunnel, Meraxa's curiosity got the better of himself.
"Why exactly is this path so dangerous though? I mean your people have warriors like you to protect them do they not? I'd think a few pests would be nothing that you wouldn't be able to handle."
"Thats not the problem, its what they dug up is the problem."
"Uh-oh, I don't like the sound of it."
"You won't, since its pretty much another Hirudegaan." After Tapion said those words, there was such a silence, that one could hear a pin drop.
"A-a-a-a-another one?!" Meraxa yelled, but Tapion covered his mouth quickly.
"Yes, and unlike his cousin, this one has actual senses. Let us hope that you didn't just wake him up." Tapion angrily told Meraxa, yet the voice was still the same volume as it always was.
"But I don't understand, I thought Hirudegaan was like some one off monster."
"Please. If such were the case, we would not give such a creature a distinguishing name. This one we know as Hirudegeddo. We are thankful for our ancients on this one, as they lured the creature underground, and then used the natural weakness of the soil at the time, which was because of a great monsoon which occurs once every hundred years in these parts, to bring down the mountain on top of him after he effectively dug his own grave. Of course, a few hundred metres in drop was not noticeable given the already absurd height of those peaks."
"Thats a given - from your description anyway - and I'm guessing that the people who dig this tunnel didn't do their history."
"Or were just ignorant. We're not sure, they were the first to die. Either way, the creature remains trapped under here, and let us hope it stays that way." Tapion said grimly as they went on.

Eventually, they came to an opening in the tunnel, which overlooked a truly stone bridge.
"Incredible~ To carve it to that shape, must've taken some powerful tools."
"Yes, and that is exactly what woke up Hirudegeddo. Now come, we mus- No! He's coming. Quickly, across the bridge." He told Meraxa, but it was too little too late, as a tail identical to Hirudegaan's snapped up and blocked the exit, coiling itself around the bridge. The creature must've practiced if it knew this thing would take its weight.
And thus Hirudegeddo's ugly mug showed itself.
The creature was almost identical to Hirudegaan, distinguishable by only the horns on its 'face'.
"Hirudegeddo huh?"
"Damn, we'll have to find some way past it."
"You shall not pass." A deep, masculine - if not demonic - voice spoke from Hirudegeddo's face.
"You talk as well? Much smarter than Hirudegaan for sure." Meraxa said, trying to get a read on this guy's ki. Yet he was getting nothing.
"My brother... is a fool. I... am a god."
"God eh? Well it seems to me that unlike you're 'foolish' brother, you've got no worshippers or even black mages to revive you." Meraxa pointed out the problem in Hirudegeddo's claim, though it was promptly forgotten by both parties.

"Move aside Hirudegeddo, my ancestors defeated you, and so will I if you do not comply."
"Your ancestors were tricksters and cheats. Honour? What honour is there in bring down a mountain of top of your opponent."
"A monster like you deserves no honour from his opponents."
"Very true, I never liked using it myself." Hirudegeddo smiled before his tail lashed out, pinning Tapion to the wall.
"Bastard-" Meraxa was about to yell, but a massive forearm hitting him into the abyss below might have had something to with him not doing so.
"No!" Tapion yelled, but soon that was soon replaced by a desperate struggle for air.
"I have to thank your friend. He is obviously not of this world, so to know of Hirudegaan would mean that my brother is very much awake. I'm not just about to roll over and let you pass when I can simply sit back, and enjoy the screams of terror as they vibrate down to here. The only way things could be any better is if it were I who brought your miserable species to an end. Too bad then I guess, that I am stuck down here - with you as my only form of entertainment for the next millenia or so. I will make sure to make your suffering as long as possible." Hirudegeddo's mouth widened into the worst smile to exist since Little Nicky got hit by a shovel.

"You want out? I'll give you out!" Meraxa's voice came from below, a sudden blue streak rising up at incredible speeds, tearing through the bridge and Hirudegeddo's tail like they were paper, smashing Hirudegeddo into the ceiling of the tunnel. Tapion fell to the floor, breathing in rapidly, trying to regain a good supply of oxygen.
"H-how?!" Tapion asked. He remembered the training with Meraxa to the last detail, and yet he'd never displayed this kind of strength. Was it something his species - these 'humans' - possessed? A way to bring out greater strength when angered? Yet for some reason, that sounded like another race entirely...
Whatever it was, it was feeding fuel to the fire for sure.

Hirudegeddo snarled, trying to reach Meraxa and remove him from his current 'crashing in the gut' position. However, his body was too bulky for his arms to bend properly, and his tail now too short.
"You... what do you plan to do?!"
"Tapion mentioned that the mountains above us... might go beyond the atmosphere. I wanna see if thats true." Meraxa's determination obvious.
"But how?! You may do well breaking through a few feet of rock, but an entire mountain? Not even I am that strong."
"Who ever said I'd be doing the breaking here?" Meraxa gave off a smirk as a fiery glow began to emerge from the chasm.
"You- you didn't?"
"Hell yeah. Tapion! Go!" Meraxa yelled down to his ally, who yelled back.
"But what about you? If you're not here, then Minotia-"
"Oh come on, let the kid live a little. Now as I said - GO!" Meraxa urged him, the heat drawing closer and closer. Tapion as told, and ran to the other side of the bridge, closing the stone door behind him.

"How did you realise?"
"What? That you were sitting on top of an inactive volcano? It was kinda obvious. Without such a destructive force, theres no way you'd get such tall peaks through simple continental shift. Of course, given my ki levels, it was simple to reignite the thing. And no matter how strong you are, I doubt that you can fly - since you used your tail to reach the bridge - and even more so doubt that you can breath in space. So if I have the volcano toss you up there-"
"I'll be beaten. You're smarter than your appearance gives you credit for little man, but know this. I doubt the exact same things of you as well. And noone would give their life for a world that is not their own."
"Oh I don't know."
"But why? Why would you sacrifice yourself for them?"
"Because... of his smile. I bet his brother has it too. I want that smile protected. If even for a few more moments." He told Hirudegeddo, and closed his eyes, ready to accept his fate, the magma shooting up towards them several times faster than the speed of sound, thanks to having built up all those years.

Then the light consumed him, and everything faded to white.
Back to top Go down
Meraxa

PostSubject: Re: [Saga] The power to fight evil (DONE!)   [Saga] The power to fight evil (DONE!) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:44 am

"W--e u- Mer---..." A voice met his ears. Was he dead? He remembered the magma coming straight towards him, the heat of its approach, but never any searing pain like one would expect.
"Wa-e up Mer--a..." Again the voice, it sounded familiar. Where had he-?
"Wake up Meraxa!"
"AAIIEEE~!" Meraxa rolled over and hit the floor head on. Wait? Floor? Why would there be a floor in the afterlife? Wasn't it supposed to all fluffy white clouds and stuff? Not to mention the voice, it sounded kinda like...
"Dende!" Meraxa pulled himself up and pointed at the green alien, who smiled upon seeing Meraxa up and about.
"Thank goodness, I thought you were really dead for once."
"Yeah... so did I..." Meraxa responded as he lowered the finger, confused would be an understatement of a description right now. He looked around, this was his bedroom on the lookout for sure.
"How did I get here?"
"Isn't that obvious? You were recalled to the Pendulum, you were only staying there for a few months. Its obvious however that you were quite active. Before I force fed you a senzu bean, you looked as if you'd lifted a skyscraper."
"Yeah, something like that."
"But still, did you learn what you needed to?"
"Uh... sure, I have the idea down and everything. Now I just gotta make sure it works." He said as he got up, and reached for some his gi, putting it on.

"You mind if you show me right now?"
"Well yeah I guess I should, I don't want to be fighting Piccolo with something that isn't even gonna work long enough to be useful." He said as he clasped his hands together, and then opened up to show a bright light.
"Wow..." Dende said as he watched the technique unfold. "Yeah, I think that'll definitely work."
"Whats better is the various tricks I've got for it." He smiled, before heading for the door, and opening it up to see Piccolo standing there, as if he had been waiting.
"I wondered why your ki disappeared like that. And it turns out Dende sent you to some planet even I don't know about. Lets see what you learned there." Piccolo said as he discarded his white turban and cape, Meraxa noticing a definite increase in his power level. Weight clothing eh?
The alien got into a stance, ready to strike if need be.
"Come at me with all you've got." Piccolo ordered, and Meraxa charged at him in response.

Their initial punches shook the lookout fiercely, though they soon took their battle to the skies, and continued their fastpaced fight. Meraxa spun around and kicked Piccolo in the jaw, who then punched him in the stomach, and during Meraxa's recoiled, clenched both fists together and slammed down, sending Meraxa hurtling back towards the lookout. However Meraxa would not be beaten, as he charged his ki, and redirected his path to miss the lookout, before turning towards his opponent, and crossing both arms in an X shape, began to build up even more ki for his next attack.
"Ryuu... KOUSEN!" He yelled as the pink energy left his arms and took the shape of a dragon, hurtling towards Piccolo. What Meraxa did not know however, was that Piccolo had his own trick up his sleeve. The alien placed his middle and index fingers on his forehead, which then crackled with small bolts of electricity. Once his ki reached a peak, he then pointed out both fingers, and yelled this -
"MAKANKOSAPPO!"
The corkscrew of a beam shot out from Piccolo's fingers, and decimated the Ryuukousen easily, leaving Meraxa to barely avoid it.
Piccolo however, was impressed. Ever since he fixed the problem with the time required for his move, very few had proven able to dodge it, limited to people such as Gohan and Goku. The fact that this kid had achieved that meant he would have to train after this, so he wouldn't be overtaken.

"Look kid, I doubt you'll seriously beat me, so how about a deal. I'll consider your training complete if during this match, you make me bleed." Piccolo told him. No move did any real damage if the opponent didn't start losing blood as a result, and it was a good way to keep 'em down.
Meraxa however knew the difficulty for him in that. All of his moves that he'd used up until this point caused major damage, and he didn't want to hurt Piccolo too badly it all it took was a little blood. Thankfully, he had something he hadn't used before, so Piccolo would definitely be caught off guard.
He clapped his hands together, and then separated them, a white light forming between them. The white light lengthened, taking shape. The end furthest from Meraxa culminated in a pointed tip, the end closest to him took a cross like form.
Piccolo watched the move as it was being performed. It almost looked like the kid was making a weapon. Wait, no, he WAS making a weapon. And from ki no less. It was certainly an interesting idea, and one that had a lot of potential, kinda like this kid.

Meanwhilst, between the two combatants in terms of elevation, Mr Popo and Dende were discussing the current events.
"So he got it to work eh?" Mr Popo asked Dende, who nodded slightly.
"Yeah, though I don't know how well it'll hold up in combat. There was something else about it I didn't get."
"What?"
"The energy... it seemed like it was flux. Like it was meant to change somehow."
"Hmm, maybe thats his ace in the hole then."
"Huh?"
"Its a human term. Its like the last chance to assure victory kind of thing, you know?"
"I think I understand what you mean. Lets just hope this Ace proves worthwhile."

Meraxa had by now finished, and held in his two hands a sword of PURE. KI. He was one of few to ever create such a construct, and in a way, it made him a whole lot more dangerous. And just as Dende said, it was indeed in flux, and one could see that from the fire like movement of the energy on the blade, whilst the hilt remained solid. Of course, being made of pure energy, it weight effectively nothing, meaning that it could used easily under any form of gravity enviroment.
"Round 2, Piccolo." He said as he held the blade over his head, and then began to swing down.
It made no sense really from what Piccolo could see. The blade was about as long as the standard long sword, not even two metres. It certainly wasn't gonna reach him all the way over the-
SCHING! That was the sound Piccolo could hear as the blade of ki sliced through his arm, cutting like a knife cuts warm butter - clean in two.
"So thats why..." Piccolo whispered, now it made perfect sense. The energy was in flux because it was meant to be. It made it possible for the blade to change its length instantaneously, as it had just then, filling the gap between him and Meraxa in an instant.
This was of course, FAR from what Meraxa had intended to happen, the look of instant horror on his face as Piccolo's severed limb fell to the planet surface below made that painfully obvious. Just a few inches off, and it appeared that it would cost the alien dearly.

Luckily for him however, Piccolo had another trick up his sleeve. Meraxa watched as the green alien focused for a few seconds, with a replacement arm suddenly sprouting out in a fashion that pretty much kicked modern genetics in the face. It certainly made Meraxa want to resist throwing up, but at the least it relaxed his worries about Piccolo having to be *ahem* armless. Okay, bad pun over, lets continue.
Meraxa's ki blade dissapated, as he and Piccolo floated over to the lookout, Meraxa still looking at Piccolo's fully recovered arm.
"Impressive. And though it was indeed painful to feel, that sword of yours is definitely one skill thats worthwhile. Not only that, you didn't just make me bleed, you cut my entire arm off." Piccolo laughed, before continuing. "Though I honestly doubt thats what you wanted. Listen to me kid, and listen good. Though your training is complete, that doesn't mean you should stop improving, your control over that technique of yours certainly needs some. Speaking of which, what do you call that thing anyway?" Piccolo asked the boy, and in truth, Meraxa hadn't actually figured that out yet. What to call it...
Oh, that would work, very nicely as well.
"Its my Tapimino blade." He smiled.

In truth, Meraxa did not leave the lookout immediately. He had things to pack afterall. Amongst them were the clothes he'd worn whilst on planet Konats, which were now cleaned, pressed, and tucked away at the bottom of the bag - a memento of sorts. He'd also spent the time fully asking Mr Popo the history of Dende and Piccolo's race - the namekians. As it turned out, they were a fairly endangered species, with not even a thousand of them as a population. Piccolo was originally the darker half of one being, born by the former kami's need to expel all evil thoughts in order to take up the mantle of 'god'. However after all this time, he had in fact merged once more with his other half, and gained some power as a result. It also took the term 'splitting headache' to a whole new level.
It also turned out that Kami hadn't been the only one to make dragonballs, and that there were three sets of them currently in existence. Two red stars (big and small), and one black star set. The red ones were on Earth and Namek respectively, whilst the Black Stars were spread across the freaking universe, but were by far the most powerful.
He also learnt what happened to Tapion and Minotia. After Hirudegaan was sliced in two by the wizard, it turned out that the creature simply would not die, and thus the two halves were sealed into each of the brothers, who were then sealed away themselves in two music boxes, which were flung to the far reaches of the universe.
With that in mind, he had an idea of what he'd be doing for the next few months, once he found a suitable space craft that is.
And with that, the lookout faded from view as he descended beneath the clouds, past Korin's tower, and onwards to civilisation, and hopefully from there, Namek.

*Move: Tapimino Blade: Named for two legendary warriors from the planet Konats, this is a true ki weapon, made from nothing else. The user will almost definitely need to have wielded a blade to understand how to make the structure. They first clap their hands together, and then separate them slowly. A small white light emerges between the user's hands, which then changes to a sword-like shape. The 'blade' part appears to be on fire, but this is simply because the energy is in flux. Of course with this being a blade of energy, its capable of being very sharp indeed, as the edges can be quite literally subatomic. However beings with high levels of ki can protect themselves by blocking with an equal amount of energy, quite simple really. The more ki a person places into the blade, the more they can increase its size, strength, or both if they so wish. This does not pose any inconvenience either, as being made of energy, there is no weight to the weapon, making it easily swingable at any size.
Back to top Go down
Goten

Goten

PostSubject: Re: [Saga] The power to fight evil (DONE!)   [Saga] The power to fight evil (DONE!) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:38 am

Powerlevel: 142625
Zenni:140000
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Saga] The power to fight evil (DONE!)   [Saga] The power to fight evil (DONE!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Saga] The power to fight evil (DONE!)
Page 1 of 1