Dragon Ball Z: Conflicts Return
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dragon Ball Z: Conflicts Return

This is an alternate reality Dragon Ball Z Roleplaying Forum. Here you will be able to re-create some of the most epic battles in Dragon Ball History. The twist? You are controlling the way the story ends.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A slight bit off course... What do you mean it has black stars? (BS 7 star)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Meraxa

A slight bit off course... What do you mean it has black stars? (BS 7 star) Empty
PostSubject: A slight bit off course... What do you mean it has black stars? (BS 7 star)   A slight bit off course... What do you mean it has black stars? (BS 7 star) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:23 am

Using Power Weighted

"Well this is bad."
"Thats an understatement I'm sure."
"Hey, how was I suppose to get the speed of stellar debris precisely correct anyways? I'm not a scientist y'know."
"But you should have at least prepared for the possibility."
"With a space pod this big? Pray tell exactly how I was meant to."
"Good point, now would this be the point where we scream as we plummet to the planet's surface?"
"Good call."
"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"
"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"
Two voices screamed in unison as their transport did indeed plummet towards the planet below. They had originally planned to go straight to the blue planet - Earth, but a minor miscalculation on the part of one occupant for the speed and course of stellar debris in this system lead them to crashing into said debris, which sent them far off course, and ended getting caught in the gravitational pull of one of the system's planets. They hit the ground, but due to the cushioning and airbag systems the pod was equipped with, the occupants actually felt little to no pain. The landscape they had impacted on however, was badly torn apart by the sudden hundreds of kilograms heavy object hitting it, leaving a rather deep crater in the ground. Not that it made much of a difference, since when the two travelers left their pod, they saw how bad the landscape was already - and from the looks of it, it was how it had been for a long time.
Seriously, for miles, all one could see was dust, cracks in the ground, and maybe the occasional outcrop of rock. To say the planet had little chance of supporting life would an understatement to say the least.
The taller of the two looked at his smaller, green companion.
"Think we'll find help out here Cargo?"
"I don't know Master Meraxa-"
"Master Delwas, we've gotta be formal about this whole master and pupil thing."
"I see. But still, there isn't much chance of anything living here - not even bacteria. And if we don't find water..."
"Then we both die. I get it. Plus the space pod got some of its circuits fried for entering the atmosphere so fast. Damn, looks like we might actually be in some real trouble here." Meraxa was already beginning to sweat. Man, even if there was only one sun compared to Namek's three, it was obvious this planet was closer to its star than either Namek or Earth, hence why it was so freaking hot. Now obviously not all of the planet would be this hot, but they couldn't tell if they were on the equator - meaning that heading either north or south would lead them to a cooler area - or if they were already at one of the poles - meaning that if they tried going ANYWHERE else, they'd boil before they got that far. Heck they couldn't tell how long it was until nighttime, since they had no indication of east, west, or how long it took this planet to rotate on its axis - it could be ten earth years for all they knew. That and even if they did find out said time, in a daytime heatwave like this, that meant the temperature at night would absolutely plummet, and the lack of plant life to absorb and exude heat would make it even worse.
"Get back in the pod for now, at least it has a cooling system and will provide some shade." He told Cargo as he pulled off his backpack, and began to see what supplies they had.
"Well, we've got a gourd of water, some pieces of fruit, a pack of ham... and the dragon radar. Add in my sword and your staff, and thats not lot to work with." Meraxa sighed as he checked to make sure the dragon radar was still functional after the crash, to find something very perculiar. On the small, circular screen, was the one thing Meraxa would not expect of a planet like this - a dot. And with this radar, a dot meant a dragonball. But dragonballs were only active if their creators were alive, and even then, why there was only one was rather strange as well. Of course, it was possible that some namekian had came over, and found a way to shove the entire power of the dragonballs into one form. And its doubtful that they'd leave without such a valuable object... man, it made no sense. Still, it gave him and Cargo something to do, instead of waiting around here to die. That and the ball was only a few miles away, not enough to cause a sudden temperature spike. He put the backpack back on, keeping the radar out, and walked over to the spacepod, before picking it up over his head. Sure it was hundreds of kilograms, but at this point that meant not a lot to him in terms of strength he'd need.

"Where are we going?" Cargo asked from within the space pod, having found some starcharts from beneath the spacepod's main chair.
"Well the dragon radar picked up a signal, and we're going to check it out."
"A dragonball huh? Thats weird."
"I know."
"Is it for the reason I've got?"
"Shoot."
"Well I've got the locations of Earth and Namek on this starchart. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we effectively taking the straightest route possible to get to your homeworld from mine?"
"Thats right."
"Well, then thats very weird, because this system doesn't exist on the charts."
"What? That can't be right, I bought that pod and the charts that came with it just a few weeks ago - a month at most."
"Who produces these starcharts exactly?"
"Well, they're actually copied off some of the originals that came from the remains of a spacepod that was found deep in the mountains. I think they're saiyan, because I saw similar spacepods when I travelled to the past via the pendulum room back on Kami's lookout on Earth."
"I see. Well then maybe, theres something here that the saiyans don't know about."
"I don't see why they wouldn't considering they must've detailed all the other nearby systems."
"Maybe they're the ones being kept in the dark."
"Perhaps, though that would seriously imply that something lives here, keeping the secret."
"Thats entirely possible, especially with that building over there."
"What building?" Meraxa asked, cursing himself under his breath as his head bumped straight into the answer. He dropped the pod, and rubbed his now sore cranium.
"Owww... Man, what must that thing be made off if it stopped me in my tracks?" Meraxa asked, sitting on his butt, and taking in the full view of the building. Man it was massive, and a dome at that. The thing had to be at least a few hundred metres high. However upon closer inspection, Meraxa realised that it was not the only one. No, there was several domes, each one hundreds of metres tall, and even more hundreds of metres wider. These were habitat domes - the kind you used on less than ideal environments in order to survive. You know, like the one Meraxa was in right now.
"Hey, anyone in there?" Meraxa asked, knocking on a large slab that appear to be a door. A response came quicker than expected, the 'door' suddenly opening up, some shadowed figures appearing, and Meraxa being utterly pelted by some kind of energy blast - in fact it was strikingly similar to what the red ribbon army had supplied to the namekian rogues - the feedback effect knocking even Meraxa out cold before he could react.

"Well look what you've gone and done now you stupid boy. You really mustn't shoot at everything that moves out there."
"Sorry Doctor, but he looked like a sai-"
"Oh really? Does this boy really look like he's got a tail, black hair, or perhaps even a shred of the technology those monkeys stole from us?!"
"Well he has a space pod..."
"Already checked it, its nothing but a cheap ripoff. Not that ours were exactly original themselves. Remember, though they stole most of our tech, we did confiscate and adapt the stuff they came to our world with."
"Shush, if anyone connected to the Head Scientist heard you saying that kind of thing-"
"I know, I know. I'd be locked up wouldn't I? Geez, and just for saying the truth... Oh, look, he's coming to."

The voices rang in Meraxa's head as he slowly began to open his eyes, finding himself surrounded by some kind of green liquid, a breathing apparatus over his mouth. He was in some kind of tank, the top half of which he could see out of. There was someone there... no, there was two people, one of them was sitting down.
"Hey in there, bet you wanna be let out right?" One of the two asked, Meraxa getting a good chance to look at his face. He was old, had a scar running down the left side of his face. And yet, there was a youthful kind of energy about him, something that seemed perhaps even a bit excited by Meraxa's presence. Meraxa nodded in response to the question he'd been asked, and the old man hit a switch, letting Meraxa out.
A few moments later, and Meraxa was fully dressed, but by no means any less confused as to his current situation.
"Got a name kid? Or do I have to make one up for you?" The old man from earlier popped back into the room with some kind of hot drink, definitely not coffee, but it smelled similar at least. As he handed the drink to Meraxa, the boy answered.
"Meraxa, Meraxa Delwas. Mind if I ask yours then? And just where I am exactly?"
"Its Kabuto, Juuzou Kabuto - and welcome friend, to the new Planet Tuffle. However, if you see any saiyans, we quite simply do not exist."
"Huh?"
"Its a long story."
"I've got time for stories by the looks of it." Meraxa laughed, pointing to the armed guards at the door.
"Fine then. About thirty to forty years ago, we Tuffles were living a pretty peaceful lifestyle, sharing out planet with saiyans, after they fled to our world from god knows what must've been strong enough to scare a lot like that. Either way, lets just say tensions ran pretty high, and then a saiyan with all the cunning of a Tuffle came along. He was King Vegeta, the man who started an entire war in an effort to make sure that the saiyans reigned supreme. Obviously we got our asses handed to us, but to be honest the saiyans lucked out. See for most of the war we had technology that rivalled the saiyan's own natural abilities, and combined with our sheer numbers, we probably would've one. Unfortunately for us, the saiyans had a trick in their evolution that eluded us - the Oozaru."
"Oozaru?"
"Yeah, its basically a giant monkey - though the name means great APE, ha - that shoots lasers. It also gives a major increase to their strength, and as result, they practically slaughtered us overnight. They spent the next two years killing any and all survivors, and for a time, we went extinct."
"Wait, extinct? But you're right he-"
"I know, I know. Natural reaction really, since yes whilst we were extinct, someone decided we were worth bringing back. Now whilst we don't know if our benefactor is actually one of us, or is just a fan of our species, but either way - we're only here because he had cloning technology available."
"I see. Another question, there was someone with me..."
"The green kid? Yeah, he's been asking for you a while now. Don't worry, we haven't had him locked up, he's not that much of a threat."
"Oh I wouldn't say that." Meraxa rolled his eyes as the two guys at the two went flying over his head, a result of Cargo kicking them that way.
"Ooh, I wondered if you two could suppress your true powers. Turns out that hypothesis was correct then. Though now you'll probably kicked off the planet for assaulting those two officers plus who knows how many others. Don't worry though, I like you two, and so I'm gonna help you escape. Delwas, that tank healed your wounds from earlier, so don't worry about what those energy blasts did to ya. However, theres one thing I want you to have first." Juuzou directed them through some kind of tunnel under his desk, and into a rather classic underground lair.
"Here." Juuzou said as he picked up something out of a nearby container, and showed it to Meraxa.
"H-hey, thats...!" Cargo was surprised, as was Meraxa.
It was in fact, a dragonball, likely to be the one they had tracked in order to get here.
"A real beauty isn't she? My prize, found her out in the wastelands. The energy my meters could pick up from this thing was astronomical, I could've finally finished my beloved Daizinger X! But alas, the shell is indestructable, and the energy can't seem to permeate it either. Unless a certain frequency is blown at it that is. Unfortunately for me, I cannot reproduce that frequency with my equipment, though the number of stars in the ball indicate its part of a set. Thats where you come in with your fancy radar." Juuzou smiled as he waved the device in his hand, Meraxa suddenly realising that his backpack had been opened. The scientist tossed the radar and dragonball at Meraxa, who caught them with hasty care.
"All I ask is that you record what happens when the entire set is gathered." Juuzou made his request, before hitting a switch, springs suddenly popping out and shoving Meraxa and Cargo into the space pod which emerged from behind them.
"See ya!" Juuzou yelled as the pod closed, repairs by Juuzou obvious, and then the pod launched out of the underground via some kind of overelaborate tunnel system (and thats saying something considering what they just went through), and shot out into space, this time their journey would hopefully not be interrupted.

"Hey Master Delwas."
"Yes Cargo?"
"I just got a good look at the dragonball."
"And?"
"Its got black stars."
"...WHAT?!"
Back to top Go down
Goten

Goten

A slight bit off course... What do you mean it has black stars? (BS 7 star) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A slight bit off course... What do you mean it has black stars? (BS 7 star)   A slight bit off course... What do you mean it has black stars? (BS 7 star) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:08 am

PL: 37,468
Zenni: 30,000

Aquired Black Star #7
Back to top Go down

A slight bit off course... What do you mean it has black stars? (BS 7 star)
Page 1 of 1