Dragon Ball Z: Conflicts Return
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dragon Ball Z: Conflicts Return

This is an alternate reality Dragon Ball Z Roleplaying Forum. Here you will be able to re-create some of the most epic battles in Dragon Ball History. The twist? You are controlling the way the story ends.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arrival, and the beginning of the search (7 star ball)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Meraxa

Arrival, and the beginning of the search (7 star ball) Empty
PostSubject: Arrival, and the beginning of the search (7 star ball)   Arrival, and the beginning of the search (7 star ball) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 7:35 am

A small, round, white object hurtled through space, but it was no comet. No, it was a ship, albeit very small. Maybe that was why its occupant was in cryogenic freezing, so that he wouldn't be bothered by the cramped space, that inside was nothing more than a chair and a few controls after all. Still, inside, the occupant was very much active, thinking about what he was going to do once he reached his destination.
"Find them... bring them back... bring back... Tapion and Minotia..." Meraxa's thoughts were incoherent to say the least, but being frozen like a popsicle probably did that to a person.
"Dragonballs... make my wish..." Ah yes, the dragonballs. He knew of the ones on Earth, but those were well known and likely to be hunted by the dark forces that plagued his home - too risky to use them. No, he would go after the original dragonballs, the namekian dragonballs. From the knowledge he'd gained off Mr Popo, this set was more powerful than those on Earth, and also a lot larger physically. Whereas the Earth ones were about the size of a clenched fist, the namekian ones were apparently the size of basketballs. It would probably prove challenging to move them around, but then, challenges were fun.

The pod began to heat up as it entered planet Namek's atmosphere, and at its current speed would make quite a crater upon impact. The cryogenics would cancel out after the impact, and Meraxa would come out as if nothing had happened for the last few days. And it all happened in that order, upon a small patch of land at the base of a mountain, with no locals to hear or see the impact. Perhaps it was better that way, or on the other hand, far more tasking for the boy later on. Who could honestly tell at this point? Either way, the capsule once cooled, opened up its hatch, the red iris hitting the ground softly as Meraxa stepped out, and eyed the scenery.
"Its... different, to say the least." He rubbed his eyes. The sky was green instead of blue, and a good number of clouds were yellow. Maybe alien biology applied to planets as well? Whatever it was, he had to find out where to start looking. Reaching back inside the capsule, he pulled out a small backpack, and opened it. He then felt around inside it, trying to find the one piece of equipment that would be useful. One the plastic met his finger tips, he grabbed it, and pulled it out. Hitting the button atop the dragon radar once, the device scanning the entire planet's surface until it found a response from a specific type of electromagnetic frequency. Seven small light appeared on the screen, each in seven different directions.
Now, to use the most intelligent form of deciding one to go after first...

"Eeny meeny, miny, mo!" He said as he pointed to the dot. What? He was 14, not some member of CSI. That and if he did try to figure this out 'scientifically', he'd be here for hours. But anyways, he had his target, now to go and find it. He closed up the bag, placed it on his back, locked up the capsule, then flew off in the direction the dragonball's signal was coming from. As he flew, he took in Namek's wonderful landscape. The forests were intact (albeit with round tipped trees), there was a wide, vast ocean that could even put Earth's to shame, and... oh man, the air. Smell that pollutant free air. Earth would never match this, never. That actually made him wonder, what was it that allowed the namekian homeworld to have its nature thrive in such a beautiful way? He knew the local population was kinda limited and all, but still, you'd think a species that had space faring capabilities would be a bit more advanced and reckless. Whatever it was, now really wasn't the time to ask that, considering that he already had his task set ahead of him.

Hours passed, and he felt like he was no closer to the dragonball than he was at the beginning.
"Man... how much longer?"
"Where you going?" A small voice asked him, though he wasn't too bothered by its presence.
"Not too sure. I'm trying to find something really important, though I'm kinda new to this place."
"I see. Must be pretty hard."
"Well isn't that the understatement? I've been flying around for hours, and I haven't found anything."
"In that case, why don't I help you?" The little voice squeaked, before Meraxa finally realised what was going on.
He slowed a bit, noticing a slightly shadow before it slowed down with him. Oh ho, so this thing was pretty good at flying was it?
"Yahoo!" Meraxa yelled as he span in the air, hands extended as he grabbed the small namekian.
"You could've introduced yourself y'know." Meraxa snickered, though the namekian tried to turn his face away.
"I... I was kinda nervous. I mean, you don't exactly look like a namekian." The little guy said.
"Thats because I'm not one, I'm human. Now tell me, whats your name little fella?" Meraxa asked with a smile that the young namekian couldn't say no to.
"C-cargo. I have a brother on Earth, his name is D-"
"Dende!" Meraxa said the name in utter joy as he released Cargo. This was brilliant, utterly brilliant.
"Y-yes, how did you know?"
"I met him, and now that I think about it - he does look rather a lot like you. He's also pretty good when it comes to healing." Meraxa laughed, remembering the countless bruises, scrapes, and broken bones, as Cargo's face lit up in joy as well.
"Yeah! That has to be him. Very few namekians are able to heal others at all, he's one of them. In that case, I'm definitely helping you. So... what are you looking for exactly?"

"A dragonball." There was a sudden silence, and all laughter stopped.
"W-what...?"
"A dragonball. Though to be honest I'm looking for all of them, just one at a time."
"I... can't."
"Huh?"
"I can't help anyone with as stupid a goal as that."
"Wha-? But I-"
"SHUT UP! You're just like the rest! You all come for the dragonballs! We can barely go a month without someone trying to invade us for them! If it weren't for Nail and the others, we'd be dead by now." Cargo screamed, before breathing in, and then with one shout, "LEAVE NOW YOU STUPID HUMAN!" Before flying off at a tremendous speed into the forest's below.
"A-ah! Wait!" Meraxa yelled as he gave chase, following Cargo into the forest. Not just because of the need for an actual guide, but out of actual worry for the small namekian. He didn't look all that strong, and in a large forest like that, who knew what would be hiding, waiting, for defenseless.

More hours passed, and Meraxa's search not going well.
"CAAARRRRGGGGOOOO!!" He yelled out for what had to be at least the hundredth time. If it weren't for the fact Namek had three suns, it'd be night time by now. The trees around him rustled, drowning out the small howls and hisses around him. In truth, those animals were scared of him. He was by far one of the most powerful beings to ever set foot on this planet, and though he'd learn from Tapion how to control and limit his ki, he wasn't completely used to the surprising amount he had now. His training at the lookout had made him almost 6 times stronger, who knew how far he'd end up going? However, that was for future speculation, though maybe that was a factor in making Cargo so scared like that. The little guy had said that people come to this world constantly for dragonballs in invasions and such, maybe his strength had mislead the namekian to the wrong conclusion? He hoped he could convince Cargo to see it differently somehow. But first, he'd have to actually find... wait. There was something both Tapion and Piccolo had said (in two different ways), that seemed a bit weird. First was Piccolo, who had said back at Korin's tower that Meraxa had a 'power level' of about 25000, and Tapion on Konats said that Hirudegaan found people by 'sensing' ki. If such a thing was possible, then why didn't he use it to find Cargo? Now the question was... how?

Was it a sixth sense or something? Did he start sniffing the energy? What?
Gah, think Meraxa. Its gonna be something simple, like... like... wait, thats it! He realised as he pulled out the dragon radar. Of course, it was the same principle. Send out small, trace amounts of ki, and feel the 'ripples' when it hit a source of ki. The bigger the ripple, the bigger the source. There would also be some familiarity if the ki was similar in frequency to what had been felt before. Unfortunately for him, there would be no such familiarity, as this would be his first time doing so, and would have to go with a best guess.
And thus he began.
At first, he got countless reactions, from various insects and other tiny lifeforms. Too many of them. He had to narrow this down, like make his ki only react to those above a certain strength...
There, he had it now. Wow... it was almost an... omnipotent feel really. Despite all these trees around him blocking his 'sight', he could feel... no see things as bright as day. And one of them, why one of them was a fairly average feeling one being chased by something big. Time for some fun.

Cargo was crying his eyes out as he ran from the creature. It was similar to an Earth dinosaur, in terms of size and brain power, but it was far more vicious and determined when it came to hunting its food. Oh why, WHY did he have to go and waste all his energy flying away from that human?
"WAAAAAHHH!!!!" He cried, which promptly made the dino run faster, Cargo cursing himself for doing such a thing. He was gonna die here wasn't he? And if noone knew, they wouldn't bring him back with the dragonballs or anything.
"Ah-!" His foot caught on a root, and as he struggled to free himself, the dinosaur came within eating distance, practically lipping his lips. Well, if it was gonna be hopeless anyways...
"SAVE ME!"
Odd, there was no pain. No tearing of his skin or squishing of his body fluids. What was up? Cargo then decided that maybe opening his eyes and looking would be a good idea.
What he saw completely blew his mind.

"I hope you don't make this a habit, alright?"
There was the human, his left elbow dug into the dinosaur's stomach, the creature wheezing for breath, and then Cargo realised - the thing was already unconcious. The only thing holding it up was the human's own physical strength - in a single arm.
"T-thank you..." Cargo was in awe, shock, and terror - all at once. He'd only seen Nail and Piccolo be this strong. Of course, the other Namekian's beat up the wildlife on occasion when they attacked, but they never did so with such ease. Just who was this person.
"Look, let me explain. I may be here for the dragonballs, but I don't plan to force you to give them to me. Its just that a friend of mine and his brother met a rather cruel threat, and I feel they deserve better. Unfortunately they're kinda separated across the universe by about 1000 years or so of hurtling through space at trans-light velocities, so simply finding them would prove too difficult. All I want to do is give them a second chance at a life thats been waiting too long for them. And well... I could use some help." Meraxa smiled the same way he had before, and Cargo finally had the idea planted in his head. For once, maybe just this once, someone had come for the dragonballs. Not for power, not for self satisfaction, but to genuinely help people. And in realising this, Cargo was ready to help as well.
"Come on. I actually have one hidden away - you might as well have it." Cargo said, and jumped up to fly, only to realise he hadn't fully recharged yet.
"Um... could you carry me?" He asked Meraxa, who dropped the dinosaur.
"Sure." He smiled, picking up Cargo off the ground, who then pointed the way.

"Well, its certainly the real deal alright." Meraxa smiled as he put the dragon radar away, and plucked the dragonball from its place on the cliff face.
"And what do you know - seven stars. Thanks a bunch Cargo." Meraxa smiled as he counted them. Alright, he had one - six more to go.
"So where next." He asked Cargo - he was the native after all.
"We'll head to my home village, one of the elders there has one. Hopefully he'll be willing to help."
"Right then." Meraxa said as he placed the dragonball under his left arm, and flew off with Cargo held in his right.
Back to top Go down
Batuella

Arrival, and the beginning of the search (7 star ball) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival, and the beginning of the search (7 star ball)   Arrival, and the beginning of the search (7 star ball) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 9:30 am

Gains
Ki 13,888
Zenni 6,444

obtained: 7star ball
Back to top Go down
http://uran10.proboards.com/index.cgi

Arrival, and the beginning of the search (7 star ball)
Page 1 of 1